Sterling Moore has been an incredible pickup (1 Viewer)

I have been blown away with his performance since we've picked him up. After the rash of injuries at CB, I had little hope for the position group.

I have to give our scouts due respect for noticing this guy. He's been amazing, in my eyes. The guy can hold his own 1 on 1 with some of the best WRs in the league! We absolutely found a gem with Moore!

I never imagined we could pick up a guy at the beginning of Sept and have him play this well! It's just amazing.

If we can hang on until Breaux gets healthy, I think our secondary can hold up well. Throw in Rankins and Ellerbe, and I think our defense can absolutely compete in this league!

I didn't see any threads on the front page about Moore and I just wanted to bring it up and give some respect to the front office on a great find!

Also, Craig Robertson and Kuhn have been money! There is a nucleus forming of a solid group of guys to build off of!

Well said agree 1000000%. :plus-un2:

Again I think Coach DA has a scheme that works when you have capable players. Sterling Moore is a capable player, Robertson is a capable player, Fairley is a capable player.

With the young vets we picked up in Moore and BW Webb we have helped Crawley out by surrounding him with players who are capable and talented enough to help the defense until Breaux returns.

Fairley has worked out. Kruger had a half sack this past week and looked good. Moore has worked out. Even BW Webb looked like a solid #4 CB.

If we keep hitting on our value pickups like this, we may actually have some serious depth next year.

Never would have thought the Saints could pick up two CBs off the street that would actually play well. Webb and Moore have certainly exceeded expectations thus far.

Mike McKenzie and Chris McAlister from 2009 say "Hi"... :hihi:

New+England+Patriots+v+New+Orleans+Saints+ySYiZbqNb0Wl.jpg

patriots-receiver-randy-moss-catches-a-pass-in-front-of-the-saints-chris-mcalister.jpg

On Monday Night Football against the Patriots too, nevertheless. :)

Holy Expletive Who Dats! We found a FA that is productive, didn't break the bank and has played on most Sunday's! Who woulda thunk it!?

Don't forget about B.W. Webb. He was a nice find too thus far. I hope both can continue to do well because we need them both.

So has Jahri Evans. This guy walked back into the starting lineup on opening day....and with the way Seattle cut him along with the failed Goodwin comeback of 2014, alot of Saints fans weren't expecting much. He has been a solid anchor.

I think he needed that fire lit under him to get going. We released him and Seattle cut him, so this could either motivate him or fold him. I'm glad it motivated him again and he is playing well with us although we are paying him twice. Lol.

Mike McKenzie and Chris McAlister from 2009 say "Hi"... :hihi:

New+England+Patriots+v+New+Orleans+Saints+ySYiZbqNb0Wl.jpg

patriots-receiver-randy-moss-catches-a-pass-in-front-of-the-saints-chris-mcalister.jpg

On Monday Night Football against the Patriots too, nevertheless. :)

Ok but Mike Mckenzie was a former pro-bowl corner with several years experience in the defense. These are two random guys who haven't made a name for themselves in the NFL, playing without any experience in this defense not even preseason camp. It's seems like different situations.

Ok but Mike Mckenzie was a former pro-bowl corner with several years experience in the defense. These are two random guys who haven't made a name for themselves in the NFL, playing without any experience in this defense not even preseason camp. It's seems like different situations.

I see what you're saying, both situations have similarities (free agent acquisitions who came in off the street and contributed due to a rash of injuries to the starters) and differences (McKenzie and McAlister were more seasoned than Moore and Webb). But at the same time, being on the tail end of their careers can be just as dangerous out there as being young and not having the experience. :)

Moore has been in the NFL for 7 years. Its not like he was an undrafted rookie

So has Jahri Evans. This guy walked back into the starting lineup on opening day....and with the way Seattle cut him along with the failed Goodwin comeback of 2014, alot of Saints fans weren't expecting much. He has been a solid anchor.

Yup! This deserves it's own thread! Too lazy to start it though.:ezbill:

Both CBs had battlefield experience. They are fringe talent that teams like to have, but don't have the room to keep. They are making the most of their opportunity.

The guys mentioned in this thread are doing a very admirable job as starters, but it's even better to think that these guys are nickel/depth pieces for the future. Assuming health (a very unsafe assumption) Breaux and PJ williams will be our starters next year. Damian Swann could be in play also. It's pretty impressive that this position group could go from a major weakness to a strength in such a short timeframe.

It sounds good but counting on Swan and Williams is like counting on Ellerbe to be healthy.

Be tween the three those guys have spent more time on IR and the inactive list the last two seasons than on the field contributing. I know all of them are good players but it doesn't count for much if they're not on the field..........:idunno:

Giants had almost 500 yards if I remebrber right. That game they couldn't get out of there own way. We have been running a lot of double coverage against a teams premier target. Falcons didn't need him they were running a
Ton of cover 2,,the flats and boundaries/running game were so obvious reads Falcons just kept exploiting it over and over. Two punts that game ? Those individual match ups are not as individual as you think. Exceptional pick up is a over statement. Not trying to be a Debbie Downer but he having to play so many snaps is a part of our woes.
Kind of ironic your first post made a general statement that takes things out of context (bringing up points that the D allowed while lumping in points against STs, pick 6s, and other TOs that shouldn't be heaped on the D), then your second post is extrapolating on someone who did the same thing.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

It sounds good but counting on Swan and Williams is like counting on Ellerbe to be healthy.

Be tween the three those guys have spent more time on IR and the inactive list the last two seasons than on the field contributing. I know all of them are good players but it doesn't count for much if they're not on the field..........:idunno:

Williams was basically a freshman redshirt. His major concussion this year isn't a matter of being injury prone it was that he got hit in the head so hard his brain bled into the skull. Can we please lay off the constant complaining of injuries? Swann had never had an injury before getting here, the concussion issue should be solved and his injury this year was one of those things that happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom