Sterling Moore has been an incredible pickup (1 Viewer)

diehardfan

Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I have been blown away with his performance since we've picked him up. After the rash of injuries at CB, I had little hope for the position group.

I have to give our scouts due respect for noticing this guy. He's been amazing, in my eyes. The guy can hold his own 1 on 1 with some of the best WRs in the league! We absolutely found a gem with Moore!

I never imagined we could pick up a guy at the beginning of Sept and have him play this well! It's just amazing.

If we can hang on until Breaux gets healthy, I think our secondary can hold up well. Throw in Rankins and Ellerbe, and I think our defense can absolutely compete in this league!

I didn't see any threads on the front page about Moore and I just wanted to bring it up and give some respect to the front office on a great find!

Also, Craig Robertson and Kuhn have been money! There is a nucleus forming of a solid group of guys to build off of!

The bad part is we tried to get him when he left Dallas, think of what could have been if he was on the roster last year instead of Browner.

He's also an ex Bills CB, can't be a bad thing right? Man I miss Greer.

Moore has been solid for sure. Not trying to look ahead to next year, but we should be pretty solid on D if we can remain healthy and draft well.

Crazy thing about Moore is that he is actually younger than Breaux. I know that many of us thought that he was much older, but no, he is 26, and he has plenty of tread left on the tires.

I hope he provides us with solid play when everyone is healthy, and if he can't do it for us, I hope that he signs an ice contract with another team, and is taken care of. I have nothing but respect for Moore, Crawley, and our other dbs.

Same here. The new CBS are impressive. Sure there have been some growing pains but all in all I'm impressed. Allen must be gaining confidence also to bring the heat like in SD last half of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not just Sterling Moore but I thought B W Webb played well too against the Chargers .... Once Delvin returns, I think our secondary will move towards stability ..... just need Rankins back to get good pressure on the QB ...

Moore has been solid for sure. Not trying to look ahead to next year, but we should be pretty solid on D if we can remain healthy and draft well.

Yeah...

sadly, that's what we thought this year too...before this pesky bugger showed up.

Attachments

• article_70fccf40-601a-4313-8030-38352a6b1ad6.jpg
    article_70fccf40-601a-4313-8030-38352a6b1ad6.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 55
Holy Expletive Who Dats! We found a FA that is productive, didn't break the bank and has played on most Sunday's! Who woulda thunk it!?

He's got one of those great sports names too.

Sterling Moore.

Give us more Sterling!

With that name he should be part of England's 1966 World Cup champions team...

The guys mentioned in this thread are doing a very admirable job as starters, but it's even better to think that these guys are nickel/depth pieces for the future. Assuming health (a very unsafe assumption) Breaux and PJ williams will be our starters next year. Damian Swann could be in play also. It's pretty impressive that this position group could go from a major weakness to a strength in such a short timeframe.

So has Jahri Evans. This guy walked back into the starting lineup on opening day....and with the way Seattle cut him along with the failed Goodwin comeback of 2014, alot of Saints fans weren't expecting much. He has been a solid anchor.

I am pleasantly surprised with Sterling Moore. He has been playing real well for us. Hopefully we can resign him for a couple years, you can never have enough good quality CB's. I also liked the way BW Webb was playing. I believe when Breaux gets back we will have a good solid secondary. Once Rankins comes back it will open up the defense for putting more pressure on the QB because of the good play of the secondary. In other words DA will have more trust and confidence in the secondary to run more blitzes when we need to.

So has Jahri Evans. This guy walked back into the starting lineup on opening day....and with the way Seattle cut him along with the failed Goodwin comeback of 2014, alot of Saints fans weren't expecting much. He has been a solid anchor.

I had heard an interview with a Seattle beat writer who said it wasn't that Jahri couldn't play, it was that he didn't pick up the Seahawks offense quick enough...So I felt pretty good about him coming back to a familiar offense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom