Sterling Moore has been an incredible pickup (1 Viewer)

I credit Aaron Glenn for the improvements in the secondary and his work with all these fill in players. He has had our secondary ready to ball every week. Wish our DL coaches could habe half as much success with better talent.

copy and past from another thread. I thought that was interesting.

Webb seemed like a very athletic prospect from a small school. Wondering why it is its 4th team in 4 years... Same for Sterling Moore even if he did not seem to be an interesting draft prospect.

NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - B.W. Webb

B.W. Webb | William & Mary, CB : 2013 NFL Draft Scout External News

funny fact :

Webb was selected by the Dallas Cowboys in the fourth round (114th overall) of the 2013 NFL Draft.[3] Coming from a small college background, he looked overmatched in the appearances he made as a slot cornerback. He was eventually benched in favor of Sterling Moore, who was re-signed on November 25 after being released before the start of the season. He was inactive for the final game.

While Sterling Moore, I don't know seems like a confident player with just ok mesurables... found that interesting piece No Name Defense: Who is This Sterling Moore Guy Anyway? - Pats Pulpit

Glass half full approach I guess. We're basically allowing 30 points a game. These are bottom of the roster guys. If there playing significant snaps then your probably in a bad situation

Not just Sterling Moore but I thought B W Webb played well too against the Chargers .... Once Delvin returns, I think our secondary will move towards stability ..... just need Rankins back to get good pressure on the QB ...

Picking this among many posts along the same lines so I can agree, obviously, and point out we need a true edge rusher in the draft. No more zigs when they should zag. Best edge guy available. And that's accounting for a decent year out of Kruger/Jordan. We still need a truly fresh one.

I said this same thing after the game Sunday. Webb made a really solid heads up play. He saw the throw, broke on the ball and caught it without interfering with the receiver. Then situational awareness, he just took a knee.

Nowadays plenty of corners would have tried to lay a big hit on the WR instead of trying to intercept and that would have probably drawn a flag with our luck. So I'm glad to see he's a smart player who is capable.

Never would have thought the Saints could pick up two CBs off the street that would actually play well. Webb and Moore have certainly exceeded expectations thus far.

I credit Aaron Glenn for the improvements in the secondary and his work with all these fill in players. He has had our secondary ready to ball every week. Wish our DL coaches could be half as much success with better talent.

Amen! I give a lot of credit to A Glen too! One of the best Defensive position coaches we've added in a while too!

Glass half full approach I guess. We're basically allowing 30 points a game. These are bottom of the roster guys. If there playing significant snaps then your probably in a bad situation

No, it's a positive comment about the play of a singular player on our defense.

Considering he helped keep Julio Jones to 16 yards receiving, I'd say he's doing a great job! Not to mention Julio just put up 300 on the Panthers.

We got the guy off the street at the beginning of Sept and he's been playing pretty awesome against the likes of Julio Jones and OBJ.

I've given the front office and our FA scouts a hard time on some of the pickups in the recent past, it is absolutely fair to give positive recognition when they make a solid pickup under extremely bad conditions.

No, it's a positive comment about the play of a singular player on our defense.

Considering he helped keep Julio Jones to 16 yards receiving, I'd say he's doing a great job! Not to mention Julio just put up 300 on the Panthers.

We got the guy off the street at the beginning of Sept and he's been playing pretty awesome against the likes of Julio Jones and OBJ.

I've given the front office and our FA scouts a hard time on some of the pickups in the recent past, it is absolutely fair to give positive recognition when they make a solid pickup under extremely bad conditions.

Giants had almost 500 yards if I remebrber right. That game they couldn't get out of there own way. We have been running a lot of double coverage against a teams premier target. Falcons didn't need him they were running a
Ton of cover 2,,the flats and boundaries/running game were so obvious reads Falcons just kept exploiting it over and over. Two punts that game ? Those individual match ups are not as individual as you think. Exceptional pick up is a over statement. Not trying to be a Debbie Downer but he having to play so many snaps is a part of our woes.

Giants had almost 500 yards if I remebrber right. That game they couldn't get out of there own way. We have been running a lot of double coverage against a teams premier target. Falcons didn't need him they were running a

Ton of cover 2,,the flats and boundaries/running game were so obvious reads Falcons just kept exploiting it over and over. Two punts that game ? Those individual match ups are not as individual as you think. Exceptional pick up is a over statement. Not trying to be a Debbie Downer but he having to play so many snaps is a part of our woes.

Yeah you are right. They are not perfect. So? Do you have a 24 year old Dion Sanders and Mike McKenzie in your pocket? If not let it go. These are the guys we have, and they are doing a pretty good job and getting better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love it when other teams put years of training into kids, then give up on them too early.

Sterling Moore has been a surprise. Having found competent cornerback options will hopefully allow us to focus on the O-line and pass rusher in the off season. Add in Breaux and PJ we have some pretty good CB. Unfortunately looks like we will have some more dead money on the cap for a safety

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom