Steve Ballmer Confirms 'New' Xbox 360 For 2010 (1 Viewer)

The Mongoose

Porkers?
Reaction score
huh. Still alot of gray area; it could be an update to the 360 with reliable hardware, or it could be a new, beefed up system with a faster processor and more RAM. Too vague to know for sure.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/996/996216p1.html

june 18, 2009 - Perhaps all those crazy rumors we've heard over the past week were true.

Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer reportedly spoke at The Executive's Club of Chicago about "the role of innovation in changing economic times" this afternoon. And according to TGdaily, he announced the company's plan to release a new Xbox 360 next year.

The system will be "'really, really, close' to an actuality" and was described as having a "natural interface." There will also be a "built in" camera, which is believed to be the Natal device Microsoft revealed at the latest E3

HA HA HA HA.... now you have to spend more money to get a PS3 equivalent....

ok now I'll hold my pillow and wait till i see what it has to offer.

I'm predicting that it will be the Wii 360. Meaning it will have built in Natal technology and be designed to compete with the Wii.

So does that mean that the 360 will be the number one selling console if it beats out the wii? How do you think that would effect the PS3?

So does that mean that the 360 will be the number one selling console if it beats out the wii? How do you think that would effect the PS3?

This:
1126695012tmf8v7.jpg

I doubt it would affect Sony at all. They wouldn't lose any sales, only Nintendo would. The "hardcore gamer" is still going to buy the normal 360 or the PS3.

what it means is, you have to spend more money to get the next upgraded 360. How much money have you people already spent? including all the peripherals, second 360s, and LIVE?

The "PS3 has no games " argument is no longer valid.

what it means is, you have to spend more money to get the next upgraded 360. How much money have you people already spent? including all the peripherals, second 360s, and LIVE?

3rd place......3rd place.

Also I'm sure it will out sell the PS3 just like the current 360 does even with it's "pricey" online play. So what does that say about your PS3 and it's free online and wifi greatness?

Last edited:
says I made the wise investment of my money.

Lame. All it means at this point is that they are coming out with a new SKU next year. It could be current 360 specs with Natal bundled in, with better hardware that won't break, or it could be slightly beefed up. Whatever it is, MS won't abandon the 360 base of games. That would be monumentally stupid, and they've indicated previously that the would never do something like this.

Also, you can't claim Live as a cost. We pay $50 a year to get a drastically better service than that crap you are stuck with (cue antipop respnding about features he barely scratches the surface of).

Yours is the system that still hasn't had a price drop because Sony is still trying to recoup costs of the bluray boondoggle.

Until more info comes out about this, we are all speculating. But given that MS said last week that they plan to treat Natal as a console launch, and that Natal is due out around the same time in 2010 as this new launch, I would bet that this new 360 is just a new SKU that includes Natal packaged in.

Lame. All it means at this point is that they are coming out with a new SKU next year. It could be current 360 specs with Natal bundled in, with better hardware that won't break, or it could be slightly beefed up. Whatever it is, MS won't abandon the 360 base of games. That would be monumentally stupid, and they've indicated previously that the would never do something like this.

Also, you can't claim Live as a cost. We pay $50 a year to get a drastically better service than that crap you are stuck with (cue antipop respnding about features he barely scratches the surface of).

Yours is the system that still hasn't had a price drop because Sony is still trying to recoup costs of the bluray boondoggle.

Until more info comes out about this, we are all speculating. But given that MS said last week that they plan to treat Natal as a console launch, and that Natal is due out around the same time in 2010 as this new launch, I would bet that this new 360 is just a new SKU that includes Natal packaged in.

no one said they are going to a new format...

sorry dude, no matter how you try to poop it out your *** the service you have to pay for is not drastically better. How do I know? We've been through this about 5 times already... Wow you can watch netflix on your 360, wow you have to pay for that too... in game chat is nice, but will hit the PS3 probably by the end of the year...

Further on the Live "is not a cost" it is a cost. It takes money out of your wallet, therefore there is no way it is not a cost. If we take that logic, then the fact that the PS3 costs more than a 360, "is not a cost" because the actual system of the PS3 is "drastically" better than the 360.

Why do I care about a price drop? I own it already.

Natal sounds nice, and it probably will be but at what cost?

PS: im fired up at the moment so don't take my tone personally. Fire back.

Last edited:
You get what you pay for. I'm not going to go through all the re-hash of why Live is superior. That information is all over the place. In fact, in this months Game Informer the editor's blurb in the beginning called Home a joke.

It is a joke. I'll gladly pay a measly $5 a month for Live.

You're the one who brought up cost, yet we are not supposed to factor in the excess cost of the PS3? It's not superior. It costs more because of bluray, no other reason, and bluray is useless for gaming. It will soon be useless as a format as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom