Steve / Chris: How will waivers and late-week FA pickups work on CBS Sportsline? (1 Viewer)

Doug B

Fanaticus Sanctii
Reaction score
In the past, we called Steve Wednesday night with waiver-wire pickups. After that, we could pick up free agents on a first-come-first-serve basis until pretty much Sunday morning.

How is this being accomodated on the CBS Sportsline site? I see the Transaction Reports are empty -- does that mean that Steve is still handling the waiver wire "manually"?

ChrisHebert

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Doug it will work the same....but you have to enter your pickup yourself....It will go worst to first and the system will run Tuesday night so Wednesday you will know if you got your guy, and after wed it's first come first serve, and if there is a problem with it we can always correct any mistakes. This year we will have two pickups per week. Doug if you want to call me my cell is 236-3702. Also there is a message board on sportsline, which is really good because once something is posted on there it comes right to everyone's email. I am trying my best I am sure there will be some kinks, but this is for the best for the future of the league. Also there is a live chat on the live scoring screen, pretty neat if you want to have some trashtalking. If the person is in blue it means they are on

Last edited:

Eagles Fan

Reaction score
Yeah I think it will work much better now. Much thanks to Chris for setting up the entire league online. I mean, he really did a lot of work to get this thing off and running. Chris, Trey from the Dolphins team wanted to get on the CBS site. I gave him your number. Dud he ever call you? Thanks.

OP
OP

Doug B

Fanaticus Sanctii
Reaction score
Glad you sent those e-mails, Chris -- essentially, we need to get our waiver-wire requests in for 11:59 p.m. Tuesday evening. That makes Tuesday nights the night for waivers, instead of Wednesdays like it used to be. That is a major change everyone needs to know about.

OP
OP

Doug B

Fanaticus Sanctii
Reaction score
Whoops -- see a problem already in the Big League. How did the Zeroes pick up Matt Cassell already, before waivers took place?

EDIT: I think I see what you have to do. When you pick out an Add/Drop, you have to click the checkbox called "Add this move to the list of pending waiver claims (don't execute it immediately)" so that the waiver request gets in line for the midnight processing deadline.

Jonathan must have neglected to press that button ... so he pushed through his waiver claim on Cassell as a pickup. Now that I'm looking at it, though ... he has first claim priority, so I guess it doesn't matter that it came through early.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Doug B

Fanaticus Sanctii
Reaction score
Nice ... I went and put in a waiver request and forgot to click that checkbox! After I posted about it above :shrug:

However, the site still did the right thing and made it a Pending request, to be processed at midnight. Now I see how this works :thumbup:

Eagles Fan

Reaction score
Yeah Doug, we put Jonathon's pickup in already since he had the first order of pickups.

Tuesday night will now be the pickup night. It still goes by worst order gets first pickup. Then, after Tuesday, its first come first serve.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom