Steve Gleason on his life with ALS, mission for a cure (1 Viewer)

krundlemoose

Resident Weirdo
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Favorite bit:
I think the question of whether I would play football again if I had to re-do it is a popular one for journalists, but for me it involves far too many hypothetical scenarios to answer with any seriousness. Would I give up my wife or son? Because, in some sense, football brought me to them. Also, tell me what my life would look like, in painstaking detail, had I not played football. Would I have gone to college? Would i have found something passionate and meaningful to do? Or would I be lost in some joyless job, toiling away at life? And it's very possible I'd still get ALS. Would I have made an impact on others? If you can answer those questions for me, and countless others, I will tell you if I regret playing football. The simple answer is this: Right now, I'm happy. My life is not easy, but it's awesome.
Rest of article: Guest MMQB: Steve Gleason on his life with ALS, mission for a cure - NFL - Peter King - SI.com

Love his response to "Would you play football if you could do it all over again?" question he always gets from journalists.

I just love Steve's perspective on life as a whole. Im not the type of person who gets "inspired" often from others, but Steve always gets to me.

Prayers go out to Steve Gleason. Keep fighting and LIVING and being an inspiration to us all. Kudos to Peter King for having Steve Gleason fill in for him this week.

Very uplifting. I had to laugh that Steve Gleason's final comment is a correction: "I think the acronym for this column should be MMQ. Quarterback is one word."

If I had ALS I'd probably be crying everyday begging someone to off me. This guy has started a movement to help other ALS surivivors while inspiring and innovating and raising his son. What a guy.

What an incredible piece. And an incredible dude. In my healthy body, I aspire to even halfway live and have the same view on life you do.

Thanks, bro.

What an incredible piece. And an incredible dude. In my healthy body, I aspire to even halfway live and have the same view on life you do.

Thanks, bro.

Well said. Me too. I think we'd all be better off with a little more Gleason outlook.

Steve Gleason is what a hero looks like. He is truly an inspiration! Keep up the good work, young man.

This article is just awesome.

My favorite part, which I think encapsulates the attitude Gleason has towards his disease:

9. I think it would be cool if my body parts shrunk as my muscles died. That way Michel could tote me around like Yoda, Benjamin Button or C3PO.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom