Steve Smith finding his groove as an analyst? (1 Viewer)

Winter

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Watching the postgame coverage of the Thursday night game and Steve Smith appears to be settling into a nice role as a commentator. I remember him coming on to the scene earlier in the season and he was very opinionated. He has experience that immediately resonates with players and he has the potential to get more out of player interviews than others can. He's real, has swagger and some over-confident quirks that make him entertaining. I've always loved to hate this guys because he was a baller in Carolina and I know I would have loved him if he were ever a Saint. He's a true competitor and if he continues to evolve as a voice in the NFL media, I'm all for it.

I like him. I liked Marshall Faulk as well. But he hasn't been on in ages it feels like.
Yea unfortunately I think he was let go because of harassment dispute. Loved his insight and knowledge on the nfl network. Also he rooted for the saints! Not sure if he’ll ever get back to the station or not.

As I have stated in a few threads.... Steve "Eternal Punk" Smith, "sucker" punched his own teammate during training camp and broke his jaw. If that isn't the first or second defintion in Webster's for punk, then I don't know what is. It was a defensive back from Ole Miss, that was released by the team two weeks later..
Punk arse father sister!

Is Reggie Bush still on the NFL Network postgame show live from the field? I remember earlier this year it was Reggie and Joe Thomas. Has that changed?

Smitty is the real life Rod Tidwell. Short WR with a big mouth and big attitude to make up for it. Off the field, a deceptive amount of charisma and a family man at heart. Keeps his head on straight in his life. One of my favoirte non-saint WRs ever along with Anquan Boldin.

Smitty has a wicked temper, and it will show itself from time to time. Has he outgrown it? Possibly, but not likely. I'm waiting for him to erupt.

In my experience, if someone gets suckerpunched then 9 times outta 10 they probably deserved it. I don't know the back story behind that incident, but you'd better believe that Smith didn't do it for nuthin. Kudos to him for having the balls to do what most ppl wouldn't

The only problem I had with Smith is that he played for the panties. And it's more than likely the only problem I'll ever have with him. He's a stand-up guy

It was on Aug. 1 during a training camp practice when Lucas was attacked by teammate and receiver Steve Smith. The Panthers receivers and defensive backs had fiercely battled throughout camp. Smith had griped about being illegally held and bumped during routes. Special teams were on the field when Lucas was on the sideline kneeling as Smith stood over him. Then Smith sucker-punched Lucas at least twice, resulting in a Lucas bruised eye and broken nose.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...of-forgiveness-has-served-lucas-panthers-well

In my experience, if someone gets suckerpunched then 9 times outta 10 they probably deserved it. I don't know the back story behind that incident, but you'd better believe that Smith didn't do it for nuthin. Kudos to him for having the balls to do what most ppl wouldn't

The only problem I had with Smith is that he played for the panties. And it's more than likely the only problem I'll ever have with him. He's a stand-up guy

I posted the back story for you. Walking up and punching a TEAMMATE in the face while he is kneeling does not take "balls". It's a punk move.

Last edited:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...of-forgiveness-has-served-lucas-panthers-well

I posted the back story for you. Walking up and punching a TEAMMATE in the face while he is kneeling does take "balls". It's a punk move.

Meh. There's skirmishes in most TCs. And it wasn't as if it was some skateboard geek kneeling as Smith punched him, it was a freaking NFL player lol

Are u really trying to convince me that I should be offended that he punched his teammate? LoL nah bruh, I've punched a cousin of mine several times. But u do u

Cant stand em. He was a punk on the field and he seems like a punk on air now... Not understanding how saints fans can root for this guy.

Well, I don't understand how some ppl can root for Gronkowski (who made 1 of the punkest moves ever on live TV) but they do. Anyway, it may not be for u to understand. How bout accepting that everybody don't think like u n just live n let live? U should be fine

ICE UP SON! ICE UP!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom