Steve Spagnuolo may get the biggest impact of Payton's late reinstatement (1 Viewer)

guillermo

Visible minority
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Spags had nothing to do with the punishments and he may be paying the most.

There were 8 defensive coordinator positions available and he was not able to interview to any single one of them.

If I was him, I would be sending a thank you note to Roger Goodell.

good point. the late reinstatement impacted not only the saints and sean payton, but anyone he fired, and anyone he could have hired but was too late for.

There were 8 defensive coordinator positions available and he was not able to interview to any single one of them.

This x 10. Taking the NFL to a new low, thanks Roger.

I was more upset over us not getting the first crack at personnel than Spags. He would have had a tough time finding a job after this years defense anyway.

He was under contract anyway, so he's not losing financially. He may get a ESPN or NFL TV gig as an analyst.

To Goodell's credit (which I use credit VERY lightly with that ******) he didn't know Spags would be fired immediately.

Indeed, I was thinking about just that last night. Another way this whole thing screwed him is that had Payton not been suspended, maybe he rights the ship sooner and Spags doesn't lose his job in the first place. Goodell has planned this terribly.

I was more upset over us not getting the first crack at personnel than Spags. He would have had a tough time finding a job after this years defense anyway.

Even if it wasn't as DC, he would have easily gotten a position coach job or something similar. The delay has really limited his potential options as opposed to a few weeks ago when teams started assembling new staffs.

Here, I read the front page and was happy that there were no Goodell threads...but you made one in disguise. Good for you.

Here, I read the front page and was happy that there were no Goodell threads...but you made one in disguise. Good for you.

Believe it or not, I thought about it before posting the thread. But I thought it was deserving.

I like Spagnuolo, and I think he was majorly screwed with this.

The Eagles are still looking, and it was thought he might go there last year when he signed with us instead. Could happen...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom