Steve Young= Beast (1 Viewer)

Faith Man

Dome Foam Consumer
Reaction score
Steve Young just said that the way we are playing, we should waltz to the S.B.!! This guy is smart!, NFL Superbowl MVP, and a lawyer, he shows us more love than any ESPN analyst! He deserves Mad props!

Lol so if he didn't predict us to go to the Superbowl, he would be an utter moron, correct?

He is one of the few that are really good at what he does(Talking heads), Thanks for posting his remarks.

I have a lot of respect for Steve Young. Prior to Brady's and Brees' recent assencension, I think Young was the best quarter back play the game in the last 20 years.

Young is one of the few real analysts on ESPN and not a "talking head". He actually does research, watches gametape (not just the highlights), and has real Pro Bowl/Superbowl experience. He calls it like he sees it and not the typical "just talk about the Cowboys, Pats, Giants, Jets and Farve" ESPN mantra. His praise of the Saints is genuine. While I really, really hated him as a Niner he always had my respect and still does as an analyst.

Hes still a niner to me.

I know exactly how you feel. I was so glad when Montana was done with the 9ers, only to have this guy come in and stomp us. I like him as an analyst/broadcaster. but I still hate him for all the times he's beaten the Saints.

Ive always liked Steve Young as an analyst. Especially the past 3 years. (It feels like he's been on the Saints' offensive bandwagon since 06). He was like the first analyst that thought the Saints were for real in 06... I remember alot of those 'experts' were asking that question after like week 8 and 9. Yea, I don't know how much research he does....but it feels like the guy has a natural talent of evaluating teams.

Steve Young just said ...we should waltz to the S.B.!!
What he meant was the Saints are a bunch of waltzers. HATER!

But really he has been talking up the Saints; and so far, he usually gets a lot of blank looks from the other talking heads. And to be fair, the Saints come with a lot of baggage. But it is slowly changing. At least they're not like all the fans of opposing teams that think it's easy to bring the right pressure to make Brees fold like a cheap suit.

Not that this means anything but Steve Young was the first announcer in 2006 to say how complete the Saints team was, this was right afer the Atlanta blocked punt game.

He said that he had played the Saints for years and this team was far better than anything else they'd ever put out. Sure they are playing on emotion but it is much more than that.

Then we went on to the NFCCG that season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom