Steve Young (1 Viewer)

Yes, they're sitting in the Dome disrespecting the team so bad, except for the one lady announcer who is trying to be diplomatic. I especially didn't like how he basically stated that Drew has 2-3 years left and that's it for our team. That we wouldn't see another SB during the remainder of Brees' career here.

I hope the Saints beat these Falcons deep into the ground!
Well in all fairness, I don't see us winning the Super Bowl in the next 3 years. Do you?

Well in all fairness, I don't see us winning the Super Bowl in the next 3 years. Do you?

I'd say that was a similar sentiment in 2007, "1 hit wonder, fun while it lasted, etc.". Definitely didn't think *this* year's club was a championship club however.

That was some harsh criticism about Brees and the Saints as a whole. Kind of made me want to turn off the TV. Especially on a night like tonight I think that was uncalled for.

To be fair, much of the criticism was correct. The problem is that it's two years late. Drew signed a team friendly deal. There's a completely overhauled defense with young players and solid vets all over. The rebuild has been started already. They just didn't take the time to dig deep enough to properly frame that narrative.

It's just easier to hit the old tired tropes that the casual audience takes to heart than to really get in depth with the two teams about to play. And they wonder why the core sports audience is leaving ESPN.

Colts were/are depleted as well but not like the saints are. The Saints lost half their defense before they really even got their feet wet.

Yeah it's not even close.

Colts just happened to be missing a few DB's for a game or two. They were also starting their #5 CB, they weren't starting #6 and #7.

Their injuries are also mostly limited to just the DB's where we have them all over the place to go along with the DB's.

That's his opinion. & so what?!? Steve Young is a bitter old hater. He's the "hater's POV", ala Jamie Dukes on NFLNet & The other TV guys with that style of onscreen persona. He's the idiot you have on the show who'll shake the cage. He's the negative to his cohosts positives.

That's his opinion. & so what?!? Steve Young is a bitter old hater. He's the "hater's POV", ala Jamie Dukes on NFLNet & The other TV guys with that style of onscreen persona. He's the idiot you have on the show who'll shake the cage. He's the negative to his cohosts positives.
Actaully, over the years he's been very much a booster of Brees, even gushing over him at times and calling his play 'textbook'.

Right now the Saints have been a mess for 4 of the last 5 years and don't look quite like they'll get out of that this year. Injuries are a big part, personnel mistakes also a part.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom