Steve young's [book] (1 Viewer)

iamsaved

ready!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
New book(my life beyond the spiral) sounds very interesting.. I will purchase it soon. He was talking about it on peter king podcast today. Btw his podcast is very good, i like the feel of the show it reminds me of the late great Steve sabol. If you you love Football you will love this show.

Anyone else thinking about getting his book?

I will probably add it to my queue. Read a book about him and Jerry Rice when I was a kid. Steve young was my first favorite player. My grandpa hated him and the 49ers, understandably, back in the old AFC West says. I didn't become a Saints fan until I was 13. I remember always watching the Superbowl and having a party at my grandpa's. In 1995, I stayed at grandpa's house thinking we were doing the ole Superbowl tradition. Nope! Watched the 49ers destroy Stan Humphries' Chargers by myself in my grandpa's house with him and everyone else no where to be found.

It's one of the best stories I like to tell of him.

Side Note: Both kickers from that game would go on to eventually play for the Saints, Doug Brien and John Carney.

I will probably add it to my queue. Read a book about him and Jerry Rice when I was a kid. Steve young was my first favorite player. My grandpa hated him and the 49ers, understandably, back in the old AFC West says. I didn't become a Saints fan until I was 13. I remember always watching the Superbowl and having a party at my grandpa's. In 1995, I stayed at grandpa's house thinking we were doing the ole Superbowl tradition. Nope! Watched the 49ers destroy Stan Humphries' Chargers by myself in my grandpa's house with him and everyone else no where to be found.

It's one of the best stories I like to tell of him.

Side Note: Both kickers from that game would go on to eventually play for the Saints, Doug Brien and John Carney.

Yep, Peter king and steve young was reminiscing about the good ole days in the nfl. Made me really miss those days. It's amazing the stories that happen behind the scenes.

I know it's hard to hold this specifically against him considering almost everyone was piling on the Saints in 2012, but if I'm not mistaken wasn't Steve Young the one saying that former Saints' opponents should sue them over the whole "bounty" thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan LeBetard read a story from his book. Apparently on the field during a game a ref came to him and started talking to Steve about his (the ref's) daughter. Said she attended BYU and he'd really like it if he'd take her out. So Steve agreed to take her number. Later in the game the 49ers were down and driving when Steve threw an incompletion on 4th down while getting tackled to end the drive and probably the game. Then a flag flew in from guess who for roughing the passer. As the ref grabbed his flag he walked by Steve and said, "She likes Italian food."
If the book has stuff like that in it, I'm interested.

I know it's hard to hold this specifically against him considering almost everyone was piling on the Saints in 2012, but if I'm not mistaken wasn't Steve Young the one saying that former Saints' opponents should sue them over the whole "bounty" thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course he did, he's not just a football analyst but also an attorney (and part of one of the MDs for HGGC), so of course he is going to tell players to do that, much like any attorney would.

Dan LeBetard read a story from his book. Apparently on the field during a game a ref came to him and started talking to Steve about his (the ref's) daughter. Said she attended BYU and he'd really like it if he'd take her out. So Steve agreed to take her number. Later in the game the 49ers were down and driving when Steve threw an incompletion on 4th down while getting tackled to end the drive and probably the game. Then a flag flew in from guess who for roughing the passer. As the ref grabbed his flag he walked by Steve and said, "She likes Italian food."
If the book has stuff like that in it, I'm interested.

You're killing me!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom