Stick a fork in the 2016 season, cuz it's done. (1 Viewer)

if the news articles about us getting out of cap hell at the end of this season are true... I'm ok with this being a down season so long as clear improvement starts next season

How dare they! How dare anyone look for some sliver of positivity in a bad situation. I tell you man, some of you guys just gut me with this....

This comment isnt Directed towards anyone just looking for something positive, but still HONEST about the state of this team. It's directed towards the members that pretend like the bad isn't real, and post things that suggest you aren't a true fan if you point out anything negative, even if what you say is true.

Right. I shake my head when people call Brees a turnover machine or say that he's a gunslinger. The better analogy is a sniper with no infantry support that has to take more shots than anyone and is inevitably going to miss some, even though he's more accurate than anyone else has ever been.

I didn't even bother to mention the **** that went on with Gregg, the fact that we kept Ornstein around this organization as long as we did, etc. Payton is a great offensive mind, I would never argue that, but he is an NFL head coach. And as far as managing the organization from an all-around perspective, you have to say the results have not been great.

Drew is the glue, y'all. It's tautology at this point but don't forget it. The reason people will never respect his greatness the way they should has nothing to do with him or his ability.
There was a lot of sketch around Payton right in the run up to bounty gate and it's a factor that finally made me decide he's seriously flawed and could be replaced if you make the right hire.

I don't care about the stats. A different coach who could get the defense and special teams sorted and get complementary football going would also get Brees the surgeon going too.

if the news articles about us getting out of cap hell at the end of this season are true... I'm ok with this being a down season so long as clear improvement starts next season
These guys just drafted Peat (couldn't unseat Strief) and Anthony (sidelined) and Kikaha (prior knee issues) and overpaid for Fleener.

What will they come up with next year?

Exactly, it is just such a pain to watch. I just turn the sound off an surf the web on my phone when the defense is on, because I know nothing is going to happen. Next year is gonna be a great one, we'll be back in the FA games, we really just need a pass rusher and four corners and a couple safeties and some linebackers.

How does anyone foresee this defense getting fixed?

They were confused, losing contain, couldn't find and even try to cover RB...a lot of bad fundamentals above and beyond injury issues.

Way I see it is our starting CBs will be depth next year and will have a year of experience. Our d-line will get Davidson and Rankins back. Still have Jordan, with Garrett we'd have our first speed rusher since Galette. We'll have money to spend on a Will LB. No more Byrd, Vacarro and Bell will be our starters.

Maybe I'm crazy but healthy starters and a guy like Garrett can revolutionize a defense.

Way I see it is our starting CBs will be depth next year and will have a year of experience. Our d-line will get Davidson and Rankins back. Still have Jordan, with Garrett we'd have our first speed rusher since Galette. We'll have money to spend on a Will LB. No more Byrd, Vacarro and Bell will be our starters.

Maybe I'm crazy but healthy starters and a guy like Garrett can revolutionize a defense.

Agreed. We aren't far off from having a solid defense, just some injuries, and a Garret/McDowell/Tim Williams away from a top 10 defense.

Exactly, it is just such a pain to watch. I just turn the sound off an surf the web on my phone when the defense is on, because I know nothing is going to happen. Next year is gonna be a great one, we'll be back in the FA games, we really just need a pass rusher and four corners and a couple safeties and some linebackers.
I'm just hoping Kikaha can ever stay healthy... We have Rankins to look forward to after he finally heals up

and maybe we won't have to play our # 5 & 6 corners as the #1 & 2

we need safety help in the worst possible way

These guys just drafted Peat (couldn't unseat Strief) and Anthony (sidelined) and Kikaha (prior knee issues) and overpaid for Fleener.

What will they come up with next year?

Maybe they can sign a middle LB who couldn't cover after releasing a TE who couldn't catch.

this season is officially "for entertainment purposes only". We have the offense to beat anyone and the defense to beat no one. With the injuries I don't see it changing anytime soon. We'll still win some games but I just don't see how we can come back from the 0-3 start with our defensive and special team problems.

On the positive side im fairly certain the #1 pick will be ours. The question is what will we do with it...

On the positive side im fairly certain the #1 pick will be ours. The question is what will we do with it...
Having the #1 pick doesn't even entice me anymore because we will waste it on someone who turns into a bust. Do I trust our FO? Not at all.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom