Stick a fork in the 2016 season, cuz it's done. (2 Viewers)

Lol, I've been hoping.. Tonight was donor die.. Get right game.. Falcons, Monday night, 10 year anniversary of the return...

I am a big proponent of momentum and after I saw the muffed punt, I knew we were in trouble lol..

I don't think it's necessarily over.. But 99%.. Horrible division. Nfc in disarray

Next year won't be any better. Sadly it will be a while before we witness a good ball club again.

I hope it is done, maybe we can land a top 5 pick. Sadly we will go on a wild win streak and finish 6-10, or 7-9. We can't even lose properly.

I said we would finish 8-8 at best, but now I am not sure.

QFT. We could put ourselves in a position to land Garrett, then turn around give Brees a final Super Bowl but we'll manage to play our way out of the top 10, congratulate the team on their resolve and pat them on the back and continue to swim in mediocrity until Brees retires and the team collapses.

So what's the solution? We have had a decade of subpar defense in this regime. We love SP and Loomis, but at a certain point we have to say that a half dozen defensive coordinators aren't the problem. The talent just isn't on the field. Somebody has to be held responsible.

It's not something that can be remedied in the short term I'm afraid.

30 years from now when there are people talking about the genius of Sean Payton and Mickey Loomis in running this organization, we all need to remember these years just as completely as the contending ones, because its a thorough debunking of that idea.

What we have is a mediocre overall staff with one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game. We have a QB who turned mediocre offensive talent into insane production year-in and year-out - credit to Payton here also, but that isn't the full extent of his duties - which allowed us to fill out an all-time great offense on the cheap.

All of the resources we had to dedicate to defense resulted in as many WORST defenses as it did medicore-to-good ones. 10 years is long enough of a period to detect a trend. The emperor has no clothes now.

Sorry Drew.

QFT. We could put ourselves in a position to land Garrett, then turn around give Brees a final Super Bowl but we'll manage to play our way out of the top 10, congratulate the team on their resolve and pat them on the back and continue to swim in mediocrity until Brees retires and the team collapses.
How does anyone foresee this defense getting fixed?

They were confused, losing contain, couldn't find and even try to cover RB...a lot of bad fundamentals above and beyond injury issues.

One thing I would like to see the team do is move Stephone Anthony back to the middle and let him learn . This is a rebuilding season. Lefts rebuild with our young players

One thing I would like to see the team do is move Stephone Anthony back to the middle and let him learn . This is a rebuilding season. Lefts rebuild with our young players

I think there is truth to your rebuilding statement, but the problem comes when the question gets asked, "what are they building to?"

So we're rebuilding...where's the scaffolding? The tools? The building materials. I just don't see it. This team is regressing before our very eyes.

We're at the point where our big free agent acquisitions are Laurinaitis and Fleener. We deluded ourselves to think otherwise, but people who watch football across the league knew that these moves reeked of desperation and would turn out poorly. Maybe Fleener can becomes something he's never been, but Laurinaitis is what he has been and I don't know why we expected different.

But it's so much fun watching Snail Laurinaitis struggle to diagnose plays and get outran by slow QBs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom