NFL Still Feeling Petty - Let's Volunteer For Hard Knocks (1 Viewer)

MSUSaint

Veteran
Reaction score
I know it's usually for the bottom feeders of the league year after year, but what if we volunteered for Hard Knocks just to highlight the no-calls in the NFC Championship and to highlight Goodell's grudge against the team that dared challenge his false claims. If I sound like a petty fan its because I am a petty fan at the moment, although currently I don't feel my pettiness in unwarranted.

It's not going to happen, and that is the right decision by the team. However, part of me wishes it would.

I know it's usually for the bottom feeders of the league year after year, but what if we volunteered for Hard Knocks just to highlight the no-calls in the NFC Championship and to highlight Goodell's grudge against the team that dared challenge his false claims. If I sound like a petty fan its because I am a petty fan at the moment, although currently I don't feel my pettiness in unwarranted.

It's not going to happen, and that is the right decision by the team. However, part of me wishes it would.
How is that going to help us move on? After the Super Bowl, I have already moved on. Why would you want to highlight something that happened in the past, instead of looking to develop a better team. And why give the NFL more money on our own behalf?

No why would this team need another distraction? Payton vehemently despises his team being around those circumstances. :littleclown2:

I'll pass, even though I like the show and would enjoy seeing our team on it.

Unless a team volunteers, the only teams that can be forced into doing it this year are:
  • 49ers (3rd year HC, last made playoffs in 2013)
  • Giants (2nd year HC, last made playoffs in 2016)
  • Lions (2nd year HC, last made playoffs in 2016)
  • Raiders (2nd year HC, last made playoffs in 2016)
  • Redskins (5th year HC, last made playoffs in 2015)
All other teams either have a new HC this year, made the playoffs in either 2017 or 2018, or have done the show within the last 10 years.

I think the unquestioned frontrunners to be forced into doing it are the Raiders. You have Gruden with 3 1st round draft choices, the drama surrounding the imminent move to Las Vegas, and uncertainty on where they'll even be playing at this year. That has all the drama and buildup the producers could want in a season of Hard Knocks.

I also think the Giants, depending on what they do with the #6 overall pick in the Draft, are a good possibility especially if they take a QB with that selection. At that point, you have the aging, 2-time Super Bowl champion veteran QB in a camp battle with a rookie first round pick in addition to the sheer star power of OBJ and Barkley, the 2018 OROY.

The 49ers are a long shot but QB-HC pairing of Garappolo and Shanahan could be a good season as well.

Arizona, you up!

They'd have to volunteer, they can't be forced due to having a new head coach.

Last edited:

I'd rather not do any extra curricular activities that will put money in Goodell's and the NFL's pockets.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom