Still struggling with the AK trade. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll return that favor.

So you think he would have more of an impact than someone who would have played 70-80 snaps a game? If you do you're completely fooling yourself.

Well you seem to be off to a less than stellar start here.........:9:

Are you upset that we took Lattimore instead of the Houston trade? We would still have had 2 1s this year, 2 1s next year

Kamara is going to do things Payton wanted Cooks to do. He'll be a PR/KR, receiver and of course a running back. I think when Cooks was drafted Payton thought he'd excel as a returner and being dangerous in the backfield but that just wasn't the case. He was an excellent receiver though. Kamara is going to be a great chess piece. We have the parts on offense to get back to 2011 levels.

If anything Kamara might be the safest pick from our entire draft. I'm really excited to see him make plays

As to Foster, I wanted him but, We can't ignore Foster having a possible problem with banned substances. A guy who can't be clean for the biggest day in his life is far from a certain thing. .

Kamara will be our James White and we saw what he did the Falcons in the SB

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Let's agree that trading a number 2 for Kamara might have been a little expensive.

Ok, now take a breath. Sometimes you overpay a touch for something you really want. Is an entree at Commander's really worth 40 bucks? Maybe not. But come on, you loved it, admit it....

The Saints 2011 was one of the best offenses in NFL history because of Darren Sproles. It is a shame that team didn't win the Super Bowl, it should have. But Sproles was the difference. He gave the team an offensive dimension that no defense had and answer for. Besides Drew, in my opinion Sproles was the MVP of that team.

With this pick, Payton saw an opportunity to bring that magic back. He saw a runner with Sproles's skill set.

Let it be. The Saints overpaid. And it's going to be awesome!

Let's agree that trading a number 2 for Kamara might have been a little expensive.

Ok, now take a breath. Sometimes you overpay a touch for something you really want. Is an entree at Commander's really worth 40 bucks? Maybe not. But come on, you loved it, admit it....

The Saints 2011 was one of the best offenses in NFL history because of Darren Sproles. It is a shame that team didn't win the Super Bowl, it should have. But Sproles was the difference. He gave the team an offensive dimension that no defense had and answer for. Besides Drew, in my opinion Sproles was the MVP of that team.

With this pick, Payton saw an opportunity to bring that magic back. He saw a runner with Sproles's skill set.

Let it be. The Saints overpaid. And it's going to be awesome!

Kamara isn't worth a 2018 2nd round pick? C'mon man... We almost drafted him at 42...

Kamara was a STEAL

Generally you have to pay much more than what the Saints paid for Kamara. Typically, you're trading a 4th plus next year's 2nd for that. In this case, the trade is rather simple for both sides:

Saints side: Assume we finish middle of the pack, would we be considering Alvin Kamara in the 2nd round of next year's draft? Yes. So the value is there. On top of this, we have perhaps one roll of the dice to win a Super Bowl, so lets stock up on players now rather than waiting. In this trade, we simply get our 2nd round selection a year early, allowing him to make a contribution with a Super Bowl window open (because we have Drew).

49ers side: We have a ton of draft picks this year and can roll the dice on how good the Saints will be next year. Worst case, the pick is about 5 spots higher than this pick is. Best case, we traded selection 67 for a top 40 pick.

When it comes to trading up, I despise it. I think it's an incredibly stupid and arrogant thing to do -- to think you know more than the teams who decided to pass on the player. In this case, however, the Saints did a good job locating a spot where they could take advantage of the accumulation of the Niner picks. You should do this trade every time it's presented to you (unless you know you're gonna suck of course).

As for the thinking that we could have used more defense: the Saints looked at the board and compared the top defensive player with Kamara. Ultimately, the Saints judged that Kamara would be more impactful than any defensive player on the board. We may disagree with that, but the logic is sound.

All we can hope for is that the scouts did their homework.

Kamara was a bargain in the 3rd. He was the 4 rated rb and carried a 2nd round grade. I am happy with the choice and loss of the draft pick,

Loomis said they discussed taking Kamara at 42. We know he had a late 20s grade from our draft committee by what SP said. We absolutely did NOT overpay by using a 2018 2nd on him. The value was right we just got next year's 2nd round pick 1 year early.

Why does every time a person has a negative view point, they always say they're the ones embracing reality.

People, reality is neither positive or negative because reality does not give a damn about us. It is.

The cup isn't half full or half empty. The cup has some finite, measurable amount of liquid inside of it.

Oh. But Alvin Kamara isn't a 3rd string running back. Because that assumes that if Ingram is 1st string and Peterson is second, which means Kamara is probably not even gonna be active.

Nah. He's going to play. And he's going to play often. If the Saints love what he brings to the table, I can't gain say them on that. Can pretty much name two running backs of high profile the Saints put a lot of investment in and didn't get a return. Namely, Antonio Pittman and CJ Spiller. Though at least Spiller won a game for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom