Stills, Reiter activated for tomorrow (1 Viewer)

Ironically, the last time the Saints played in Foxborough, Kenny Stills was on the team as a rookie. If I recall, he made an outstanding TD catch that put us up with a few minutes remaining. The Saints lost that game because of a missed holding call on Galette at the end. Regardless, I'm looking forward to having Stills back in the lineup.

Ironically, the last time the Saints played in Foxborough, Kenny Stills was on the team as a rookie. If I recall, he made an outstanding TD catch that put us up with a few minutes remaining. The Saints lost that game because of a missed holding call on Galette at the end. Regardless, I'm looking forward to having Stills back in the lineup.
I wouldn't expect a ton, or even a big game from Stills. He's been here, what, two weeks? I don't know if that's enough to pick up the playbook/calls, and then there's probably little to no chemistry between him and Winston. But his presence alone should open up Callaway and Kamara a bit.

1632614384736.jpeg

Maybe we just remember it thru Saints-colored glasses… maybe there wasn’t really a no-call on a blatant hold against JG?

4FDDA8C9-80F4-4A1B-B687-D0D01813C41A.jpeg

Wait… NM 🤦‍♂️

With the Pats squaring off against the Bucs and Brady next week, I wouldn’t be shocked if they tried to pull a fast one again 🤔

You know the league wants both teams coming off big wins for that matchup.

I’d say at this point, if Reiter knows the line-calls and is up to speed, that he and Ruiz are about equal at Center… but, I’m 100% certain that Ruiz is a superior RG over Throckmorton.
I think Reiter is probably an upgrade over Ruiz at center. Reiter has had very good reviews from PFF. Reiter has been the 6th best pass blocking center for the last 3 years. Ruiz was 17th last week.

Last edited:
I believe that's the same game where the cheating refs picked up a flag on offensive holding by the Patricheats because "the defender played through the hold".

What utter nonsense!
Yeah. It's almost like the league got to a point where they didn't even try to hide their bias anymore. Sad really.

Having Stills play will free up Callaway. Both or either one will have a major game.
Man we are still getting these unrealistic projections.

The likelihood is Stills will offer very little in his first week and Callaway will continue to struggle mightily vs the best defender of the opposing team. In this case, we are talking about one of the very best cornerbacks in the NFL.

My guess is we are looking at less than 60 yards total been Callaway and Stills.

If he isn't starting, he better be ready to if Ruiz is anything like last Sunday.
And to think so many on this board remotely thought Ruiz was ever going to play center over McCoy, was laughable. A Big 12 center, playing ahead of a SEC center who allowed only one sack as a four year starter, while playing against numerous NFL starters. Some people. Hopefully, McCoy is back sooner, rather than later. Good grief do the Saints miss him.

And if the Saints are digging this deep for Stills. There has to be 1) real concern for the current group of receivers doing their job, or 2) an injury we are not aware of.

Man we are still getting these unrealistic projections.

The likelihood is Stills will offer very little in his first week and Callaway will continue to struggle mightily vs the best defender of the opposing team. In this case, we are talking about one of the very best cornerbacks in the NFL.

My guess is we are looking at less than 60 yards total been Callaway and Stills.
Maybe less than 30! Between the defensive prowess of Bellichick and the fact the Saints are so inept across the board at the WR spot, the Saints just as soon play three TE’s.

And to think so many on this board remotely thought Ruiz was ever going to play center over McCoy, was laughable. A Big 12 center, playing ahead of a SEC center who allowed only one sack as a four year starter, while playing against numerous NFL starters. Some people. Hopefully, McCoy is back sooner, rather than later. Good grief do the Saints miss him.

I don't think that's fair. People thought Ruiz was going to play center over McCoy because it was verbalized (by Payton, Ruiz, and McCoy) that they were wanting to slide McCoy over to guard and try Ruiz at center. Ruiz struggled and they obviously didn't want to sacrafice the drop-off at such a crucial position so they kept McCoy there (and rightfully so.) But I don't think "I told you so" is necessary when people on the board were just going off of the information given going into training camp.

Stills will make atleast 2 deep ball catches tomorrow . I’m excited , he’ll free up space for Callaway and AK

Maybe less than 30! Between the defensive prowess of Bellichick and the fact the Saints are so inept across the board at the WR spot, the Saints just as soon play three TE’s.
Well that won’t help. We’ve got 3 below average TEs. But Johnson does have his moments.

What will help both receiver groups is a run game. Hopefully the O-line will give AK and Tony Jones some room to run, and that will open up the play action passing game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom