Stimulus check tracker (2 Viewers)

Mine says it was mailed Jan 6th and it still hasn't arrived. Now that I said that, watch I receive it today.

Hopefully right? I didn't check the postmark on the envelope to know for sure when it arrived at the post office.

I suggest yall get informed delivery from USPS if you don't.

Mine also said went out Jan. 6 and arrived Jan. 25.

Well, it's that time again. Stimulus bill passed so we should be getting a nice pop in our bank accounts pretty soon. It was reported that apparently, it may start going out as soon as this weekend.

I'm considering getting a new TV, although I might use it as a down payment on a car. Kinda torn on what to do with it, lol.

Well, it's that time again. Stimulus bill passed so we should be getting a nice pop in our bank accounts pretty soon. It was reported that apparently, it may start going out as soon as this weekend.

I'm considering getting a new TV, although I might use it as a down payment on a car. Kinda torn on what to do with it, lol.

My son in Tacoma asked me for money last week. I said "hold tight son, Daddy Biden's got y'all. :hihi:"

I mean, I gave him the money anyway, but this will help them. They lost their jobs due to COVID and moved up to Tacoma from San Diego to be closer to his son since he had to look for a job anyway. Ultimately it has been a good move because they found good jobs (better than they had), but it's also hard when you get behind like that. We have helped our adult kids a lot over the last year but this should be the last boost he needs to catch back up.

Based on other threads, I vote TV. You deserve 4K. Deserve

:hihi:

My son in Tacoma asked me for money last week. I said "hold tight son, Daddy Biden's got y'all. :hihi:"

I mean, I gave him the money anyway, but this will help them. They lost their jobs due to COVID and moved up to Tacoma from San Diego to be closer to his son since he had to look for a job anyway. Ultimately it has been a good move because they found good jobs (better than they had), but it's also hard when you get behind like that. We have helped our adult kids a lot over the last year but this should be the last boost he needs to catch back up.

For sure. I'm glad my kids are getting their own checks. That's gonna help a ton. I'm a bit worried that my number 3 won't get a check because he turned 18 at the end of the year, so he might not be eligible to get it.

For sure. I'm glad my kids are getting their own checks. That's gonna help a ton. I'm a bit worried that my number 3 won't get a check because he turned 18 at the end of the year, so he might not be eligible to get it.

Do you still list him as a dependent? If so you will get a check for him and can give him the money.

I don't get anything and I have one adult child still at home in college. That means he's not getting anything at all. He doesn't need it though.

My other 2 adult kids are married and on their own and they both lost jobs due to COVID. So they are getting checks and actually need it.

Do you still list him as a dependent? If so you will get a check for him and can give him the money.

I don't get anything and I have one adult child still at home in college. That means he's not getting anything at all. He doesn't need it though.

My other 2 adult kids are married and on their own and they both lost jobs due to COVID. So they are getting checks and actually need it.

He's still listed as a dependent as of my 2019 taxes. I haven't started my 2020, and haven't decided whether to list him as a dependent or not. My 2 older kids are no longer dependents even though they still live with us and in college. They both work, so they're doing their own thing as far as finances go.

ill get the money for my dependent. ex wife will get the money for her and our daughter. cant wait to get some of my money back haha

We're expecting $5600 since we have 2 dependents at 21 and 16. Both boys will get their $1400. The 21 yro will use it to move out, and the 16 yro cut will go into his Fidelity account for college purposes. We're donating 10% of the remaining to local food banks, and homeless shelters.

We're expecting $5600 since we have 2 dependents at 21 and 16. Both boys will get their $1400. The 21 yro will use it to move out, and the 16 yro cut will go into his Fidelity account for college purposes. We're donating 10% of the remaining to local food banks, and homeless shelters.

Yeah, I'll be taking my 16 year old to open a checking/savings account with her with her part of the stimulus. Kinda of overdue anyway. Good opportunity to get her started now.

Is the dependent portion of the stimulus income dependent? If so, I guess I'm not getting any of my money back this time around :(

Yes, you have to qualify for some stimulus to get any of it. So if you make over $160,000 you won't get anything, even for dependents.

I don't like that the phasing out happens over just $10k this time. At $30k, $80k, $110k, $150k, they would print $5600 of new money for a family of four, but at $160k it's nothing because $160k+ in California or New York is a high earner, but $150k+ in Mississippi isn't. It's all arbitrary.

To be perfectly honest, I think the stimulus money should only actually go to people who suffered financial hardship like losing their jobs because of the mandated lockdowns and having to draw unemployment, and not based on the AGI at all. Or maybe the amount should be based on the affected person's AGI?

But whatever, it's easier to write simple rules in a token gesture like this legislative vehicle for over $1T in pork and pension bailouts.

That's what I've said. I'd prefer more money to people who faced actual COVID-related hardship than this shotgun approach. I think the real complication is determining who those people are and the amount of complexity in executing that, but if they had done that the first time the system would be in place now.

More money should have gone to citizens and less to other countries or state and local governments. If the 1.9t went to the people, that would really stimulate the economy. The other items that are included should have been addressed in other legislation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom