Stimulus check tracker (2 Viewers)

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sticky Post
So, I figured it would be good to see who has gotten their stimulus checks. They're supposed to hit this week, but I don't know anyone who has gotten it yet. I'm sure they'll go out in batches, but I haven't read up on how they're being segmented. I'm guessing each family unit gets one check.

Curious to see how long it takes to complete the entire process.

Saint by the Bay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Is the dependent portion of the stimulus income dependent? If so, I guess I'm not getting any of my money back this time around :(
Yes, you have to qualify for some stimulus to get any of it. So if you make over $160,000 you won't get anything, even for dependents.

Denzien

May contain 10% Ethanol
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, you have to qualify for some stimulus to get any of it. So if you make over $160,000 you won't get anything, even for dependents.
I don't like that the phasing out happens over just $10k this time. At $30k, $80k, $110k, $150k, they would print $5600 of new money for a family of four, but at $160k it's nothing because $160k+ in California or New York is a high earner, but $150k+ in Mississippi isn't. It's all arbitrary.

To be perfectly honest, I think the stimulus money should only actually go to people who suffered financial hardship like losing their jobs because of the mandated lockdowns and having to draw unemployment, and not based on the AGI at all. Or maybe the amount should be based on the affected person's AGI?

But whatever, it's easier to write simple rules in a token gesture like this legislative vehicle for over $1T in pork and pension bailouts.

Saint by the Bay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't like that the phasing out happens over just $10k this time. At $30k, $80k, $110k, $150k, they would print $5600 of new money for a family of four, but at $160k it's nothing because $160k+ in California or New York is a high earner, but $150k+ in Mississippi isn't. It's all arbitrary.

To be perfectly honest, I think the stimulus money should only actually go to people who suffered financial hardship like losing their jobs because of the mandated lockdowns and having to draw unemployment, and not based on the AGI at all. Or maybe the amount should be based on the affected person's AGI?

But whatever, it's easier to write simple rules in a token gesture like this legislative vehicle for over $1T in pork and pension bailouts.
That's what I've said. I'd prefer more money to people who faced actual COVID-related hardship than this shotgun approach. I think the real complication is determining who those people are and the amount of complexity in executing that, but if they had done that the first time the system would be in place now.

COACHTDL

Squad Leader
Reaction score
More money should have gone to citizens and less to other countries or state and local governments. If the 1.9t went to the people, that would really stimulate the economy. The other items that are included should have been addressed in other legislation.

zeetes

yo’ robbie fordz fo lyfe
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
That's what I've said. I'd prefer more money to people who faced actual COVID-related hardship than this shotgun approach. I think the real complication is determining who those people are and the amount of complexity in executing that, but if they had done that the first time the system would be in place now.
my gripe is that my mom and brother, neither has worked in over a few years (my mom since 1980 or some sheet), nor tried to find employment during this time, will receive stimulus checks and act as if they are entitled. if they were at least partially grateful, i'd be more forgiving.

too many deserving people depending on it, yet, i feel like they are abusing it. good thing they are my dependants. little do they know, i'm just transferring that sheet straight to my mortgage and there isn't much they can do about it unless they move the fork out. they were supposed to move out by january.

end of my rant.

0rion

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Theres quite a bit of grey area there when you start figuring out who was financially hurt by covid. I'd say most people were in some way really. We've made it through it relatively business as usual but my wife lost roughly $13k last year due to covid. We adjusted our lifestyle accordingly and have been fine but we did make sacrifices.

OP

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wow, they weren't kidding about trying to get the money out this weekend. I haven't seen anything on my end yet tho.

Reaction score
Wow, they weren't kidding about trying to get the money out this weekend. I haven't seen anything on my end yet tho.
It happened the same way the last time stimulus was passed. As long as you filed electronically & they have your banking info then the funds are almost immediately deposited.

Reaction score
I have a question regarding eligibility. Maybe I asked this before though I just can't remember. My oldest is in college full time, but has never filed for taxes. Her first job was actually this past year. Is she eligible to receive a stimulus check?

0rion

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I have a question regarding eligibility. Maybe I asked this before though I just can't remember. My oldest is in college full time, but has never filed for taxes. Her first job was actually this past year. Is she eligible to receive a stimulus check?
How old and did you claim her as a dependent last year? If so it would be in with your check.

Reaction score
How old and did you claim her as a dependent last year? If so it would be in with your check.
She's 21 now. I claimed her for 2019, but haven't filed yet or decided if I'll claim her for 2020. I can because she's still a full time student, but I don't get full dependant credit for her and may just let her claim herself. I haven't plugged in the numbers yet to see which is more beneficial.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom