Stimulus check tracker (1 Viewer)

So I've been talking to my college aged kids and I learned that if are still claimed as dependents on my return, they don't qualify as children and don't qualify themselves. Basically, the only way they get anything is if they are not considered dependents for tax purposes. I'm curious to see whether they get a check or not. I don't think I claimed them on my taxes last year (2018). But I'm not 100% sure. I'm doing my 2019 so I'm definitely not claiming them now, but I don't know if it's too late for that.

Last week I heard something on the radio about this situation (maybe NPR?). They were saying something about there were a lot of people inquiring about this and whatever authorities involved were looking into what they can do about it.

Last week I heard something on the radio about this situation (maybe NPR?). They were saying something about there were a lot of people inquiring about this and whatever authorities involved were looking into what they can do about it.

This would be a big deal for our family. I have 4 kids living with us, but we may end up getting money for only one of them. My number 3 turned 18 in Dec. Ugh. I think that disqualifies him as well. So we're out as much as $3600 because of that gap. :covri:

I hope they can do something. I’m over the income limit and my adult son is still at home in college. He won’t get it because he’s still my dependent and I’m not getting it. Just seems like he’s getting screwed there.

He doesn’t need it, so it’s not a big deal. He’s very frugal so he has a lot in the bank and he’s considered essential so still working, but if it’s being given away...

My girlfriend got hers today via direct deposit . I am going to see about adding direct deposit info tomorrow when the new irs page goes online so hopefully I won't be waiting on that paper check.

I've been refreshing my banking app on the regular today, lol.
I don't think it would drop in the middle of the day, so if you didn't get it this morning then Wednesday morning would be the next possible time. Looking back at all my previous IRS direct deposits (going back several years), they dropped into my bank account between 12:30 am and 2:30 am Central time.

This would be a big deal for our family. I have 4 kids living with us, but we may end up getting money for only one of them. My number 3 turned 18 in Dec. Ugh. I think that disqualifies him as well. So we're out as much as $3600 because of that gap. :covri:
Hopefully they fix that. I also want to see a hazard bonus for Frontline workers if there's another one. The stress and fear needs more than an "attaboy".

Coke man disappears a lot and the prostitutes are gettin antsy.

Hurry up before I'm SOL on both stupid govt.

I had heard on the radio that people with lower income will get the first wave.
any truth to that? if so, I figure I'll be somewhere in the middle. My wife and I make $110k jointly.
Both my sister in laws got theirs today, so that seems right considering what they make.

Nope! I don't remember adding my direct deposit info on my tax form, so I may be in for a long wait.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom