Stimulus check tracker (1 Viewer)

I've never gotten a stimmie.

I'm hoping for retro, now that I finally got a couple years worth of taxes done...

Not sure if this is the best place for it, but I finally got my taxes refunded for the change to unemployment income being tax free. I had filed before they changed the rule.

Anyone get a pending deposit for their Advanced Child Credit yet? Aren't they supposed to start going out tomorrow?

Anyone get a pending deposit for their Advanced Child Credit yet? Aren't they supposed to start going out tomorrow?

Chase doesnt have anything pending

IRS Site says
DatePayment MethodAmount
Jul 15, 2021Account ending in ********$550.00

Ok, I do see that mine is showing processed also. I don't see it pending on my banks side like the stimulus did.

Anybody got a kid they dont like, that I can borrow ? You know, just on paper, for tax purposes ?? I could use some extra cash to buy some more AAPL.
too late now... Would have had to use them on this years or last years taxes.
Plus, you can get this credit even if you don't normally file taxes, so even the ones who don't usually file can use the kid instead of lending it to someone else. lol
I have no doubt there will be some turmoil, when the ones who let someone else claim their child will want the money..

I opted out. It's going to be a nightmare for a lot of people assuming it's just another stimulus payment. Gonna be a LOT of upset folks when they figure out they have to pay at the end o the year because they accepted the advance payments.

I opted out. It's going to be a nightmare for a lot of people assuming it's just another stimulus payment. Gonna be a LOT of upset folks when they figure out they have to pay at the end o the year because they accepted the advance payments.
only if you make over the threshold in 2021 but not 2020.
it basically is another stimulus check. they doubled the child tax credit, then are sending it early in monthly installments.
what are your concerns about paying it back if you make less than the approved amount?

only if you make over the threshold in 2021 but not 2020.
it basically is another stimulus check. they doubled the child tax credit, then are sending it early in monthly installments.
what are your concerns about paying it back if you make less than the approved amount?
What he's saying is of your normally end up owing more tax when you filed except for the child credit that changes it to a refund... now, you'll get more money each month but may owe a tax bill in April.

the child tax credit fur 2020 was $1500 per child, the child tax credit for 2021 will be $3000 per child. they send me $1500 of it this year, in advance. I will still get a child tax credit of $1500 when I file in 2021. no change between 2020 and 2021 while filling.
sure if you opt out, you'll get a bigger refund next year, but taking it now will not cause you to pay more next year than if they didn't offer it at all.
am I missing something?

the child tax credit fur 2020 was $1500 per child, the child tax credit for 2021 will be $3000 per child. they send me $1500 of it this year, in advance. I will still get a child tax credit of $1500 when I file in 2021. no change between 2020 and 2021 while filling.
sure if you opt out, you'll get a bigger refund next year, but taking it now will not cause you to pay more next year than if they didn't offer it at all.
am I missing something?
That's true if nothing else changed in your income, tax credits, dependents, filing status, and withholdings.

Next year, when you'd get it all, that might be a shock.

What I've learned over this year, with special tax considerations, is that people really don't understand their taxes... unless they do them themselves.

BTW, the child credit dropped. I got my payment today.

Probably going to throw it in the kids college fund, now that my wife is working again.

Hmm, that actually reminds me to double check the other Florida prepay options to see what they cost. Maybe I don't have to just do the 529 account...

BTW, the child credit dropped. I got my payment today.

Probably going to throw it in the kids college fund, now that my wife is working again.

Hmm, that actually reminds me to double check the other Florida prepay options to see what they cost. Maybe I don't have to just do the 529 account...
Same here. For 1 kid. Other 3 are too old to qualify. Oh well. Better than nothing.

Didn’t get mine yet. US citizen on work permit in Canada. It sometimes takes us longer to get it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom