Stimulus check tracker (2 Viewers)

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So, I figured it would be good to see who has gotten their stimulus checks. They're supposed to hit this week, but I don't know anyone who has gotten it yet. I'm sure they'll go out in batches, but I haven't read up on how they're being segmented. I'm guessing each family unit gets one check.

Curious to see how long it takes to complete the entire process.

So I've been talking to my college aged kids and I learned that if are still claimed as dependents on my return, they don't qualify as children and don't qualify themselves. Basically, the only way they get anything is if they are not considered dependents for tax purposes. I'm curious to see whether they get a check or not. I don't think I claimed them on my taxes last year (2018). But I'm not 100% sure. I'm doing my 2019 so I'm definitely not claiming them now, but I don't know if it's too late for that.

Nope. Filed our taxes in February and received our return already so I figured we'd be receiving it in the first wave. We shall see.

Last edited:
Nothing

So I've been talking to my college aged kids and I learned that if are still claimed as dependents on my return, they don't qualify as children and don't qualify themselves. Basically, the only way they get anything is if they are not considered dependents for tax purposes. I'm curious to see whether they get a check or not. I don't think I claimed them on my taxes last year (2018). But I'm not 100% sure. I'm doing my 2019 so I'm definitely not claiming them now, but I don't know if it's too late for that.

Yes they are in a limbo area like my son. He’s 20, still lives at home while going to college, and we claim him as a dependent. So the 1200 for him is out and the 500 for us is out because he’s over 17.

Haven’t received it yet though a guy I work with got his on Tuesday.

Money showed up in my account this morning. They did a good job matching up with my tax return for 2019 that I filed a couple of weeks ago. I would not have been eligible based off of 2018 but was for 2019.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom