Stinchcomb makes the "Under-The-Radar" team (1 Viewer)

Saint James

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Pastabelly put out his "Under-the-radar" team, for players who are performing well without recognition. Its on ESPN's front page.

http://www.espn.com

He's an O-lineman and if he's under the radar, that's great. Go Stinchcomb!!!

needs to be resigned, he is a smart physical player with good technique, i dont think we will break the bank for him, since he hasnt played much and has an injury history, but 5yrs 20mill is fair.

I don't think we will be able to get him back. He will want starter money and he deserves it, but I don't think Loomis will with Strief waiting in the wings.

he's played well this year....and although i don't think we should disrupt a an o-lines chemistry because of his injury history i'd try to sign him into a deal that doesn't take up as much cap room if he gets injured

I would agree with all your comments up to this last week. I know everybody is allowed bad weeks but Robert Geathers was routinely beating Stincchomb last Sunday and putting extreme pressure on Brees. Sometimes it even looked like Geathers was bull rushing Stinchcomb into Brees. I have been extremely impressed with Stinchcomb's effort and play up to last week but he is in a contract year and that always scares me with players who have not proved them selves in the past.

I hope they consider going with Strief at RT instead. He might improve the run blocking some, with a smaller price tag.

He has showed everyone that he can play...and that Haslett or whoevers dumb idea was to keep him on the bench for so long was an idiot. And how many people on this board called him a bust?

STINCHY!!!!!

Re-sign him! He should WANT to continue playing on THIS team, IF he wants to be a WINNER!

Pastabelly may have hit the macaroni on the sauce with this pick!

He will have trouble with power rushers. He isn't a huge guy and is more of a technique guy. He will have bad days like that but will usually win most of the total battles.

He has showed everyone that he can play...and that Haslett or whoevers dumb idea was to keep him on the bench for so long was an idiot. And how many people on this board called him a bust?
I do not remember a lot of people calling him a "bust". The problem with Stinch's early years were he got hurt every year. Nobody was really sure what we had. Would consistently get good reports from workouts and TC and then "BAM" he would go down with an injury. Actually what we are getting from him is pretty much dead-on with the scouting reports on him from college. Good technique, not real powerful.

I do not remember a lot of people calling him a "bust". The problem with Stinch's early years were he got hurt every year. Nobody was really sure what we had. Would consistently get good reports from workouts and TC and then "BAM" he would go down with an injury. Actually what we are getting from him is pretty much dead-on with the scouting reports on him from college. Good technique, not real powerful.

Uhhh, a lot of people called him a bust Mike D said he better suited at guard.

I'm constantly reading that Stinchcomb was injured all the time. He obviously was injured last year but before that? The real problem why Stinchcomb wasn't in the lineup earlier was that the Saints used him as a backup OT/G in his rookie season and that he couldn't beat out Wayne Gandy in 2004 - big deal.

While pass protection is important, you need to have players that can run block as well. Zack Strief proved he can not only play RT which is his natural position, but that he can also play LT. Notice how Brown rushed back from that ankle sprain to play again the next week after Streif started and shut our Simeon Rice? I also think he would help more in the run game which we need to address. I think if Stinchcomb wants too much money he'll be gone and Strief will be in his place.

Hey how about a simple,

Congrats Stinch and thanks for working hard. We appreciate all you do.

IceHot!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom