Stop the Madness on Drew Brees (1 Viewer)

Yeah all of the people calling for Jameis Winston have no clue about football........

It's a shame we never got a preseason this year. I would also like to see what Winston could do on this team. Brees isn't a 5k yard thrower anymore, Winston is. He's exciting to watch and when he's on, he's ON.

Yeah yeah, the interceptions I know. Well every quarterback Bruce Arians has ever coached had their career high interceptions playing for him. Even Brady is throwing pick sixes in Tampa Bay left and right.

Where's Native? [Edit: good to see he answered this thread's siren call]

Or is he still busy arguing three conflicting points of view on three separate threads that it's Drew (not the defence) / that it's the defence / that it's the coaching (and that is apparently the reason Jared Cook is not George Kittle)? Way to spread your bets there..

It's a shame we never got a preseason this year. I would also like to see what Winston could do on this team. Brees isn't a 5k yard thrower anymore, Winston is. He's exciting to watch and when he's on, he's ON.

Yeah yeah, the interceptions I know. Well every quarterback Bruce Arians has ever coached had their career high interceptions playing for him. Even Brady is throwing pick sixes in Tampa Bay left and right.

Your expectation of 5k seasons shows just how jaded Brees has made you.

Mahomes wasnt a 5k QB last year (over 16 games). Wilson has barely topped 4k in his career.

Last edited:
I've eased off on the Brees ridicule for now, but this has to be one of the worst written articles I've seen in a long, long time. There's homerism pouring out of it's ears, and not one lick of objectivity to be seen anywhere. He finds the most verbose ways possible to lengthen an article that's basically saying, "dReW bReEs iS sTiLlL gOoD bEcAuSE hE hAv3 aLL rEcORdS!!!!!!!!!". Even worse? He's using cherry-picked stats, history, and deflection as his reasoning. Those stats don't say that it was literally Kamara who kept us in that Packers game, those stats don't say how bad he looked against a mediocre Oakland defense - offseason preparation or not. Inspiring quotes from other people will only get you so far.

Set Winston's interceptions aside for a moment (because let's be honest, a lot of them were on his WRs and BA.), and sit him next to Brees. Assume that both have equal knowledge of the current playbook and practices reps with the #1's, who would you rather have on the field against the NFL's elite right now? A 30 yard passer, at most, in Brees, or someone who can actually get the ball to the speed this offense has? The realistic option has to be Winston, especially when you see that this offense has the firepower to hang with the Chiefs or Seahawks at every position but QB. I love Brees, but the eye test has said it all up to this point.

I've eased off on the Brees ridicule for now, but this has to be one of the worst written articles I've seen in a long, long time. There's homerism pouring out of it's ears, and not one lick of objectivity to be seen anywhere. He finds the most verbose ways possible to lengthen an article that's basically saying, "dReW bReEs iS sTiLlL gOoD bEcAuSE hE hAv3 aLL rEcORdS!!!!!!!!!". Even worse? He's using cherry-picked stats, history, and deflection as his reasoning. Those stats don't say that it was literally Kamara who kept us in that Packers game, those stats don't say how bad he looked against a mediocre Oakland defense - offseason preparation or not. Inspiring quotes from other people will only get you so far.

Set Winston's interceptions aside for a moment (because let's be honest, a lot of them were on his WRs and BA.), and sit him next to Brees. Assume that both have equal knowledge of the current playbook and practices reps with the #1's, who would you rather have on the field against the NFL's elite right now? A 30 yard passer, at most, in Brees, or someone who can actually get the ball to the speed this offense has? The realistic option has to be Winston, especially when you see that this offense has the firepower to hang with the Chiefs or Seahawks at every position but QB. I love Brees, but the eye test has said it all up to this point.

Doesnt sound like you eased off the ridicule.

Your eyes must be blind to accuracy, anticipation, consistency and decision making. All you see is arm strength.

Drew throwing for 5k usually means our defense is bad and we can't run the ball. Look at our records the years he threw for 5k. Hebert always says less of Drew is more. Meaning we need to run the ball. And he's right.

I'll throw in (no pun) his 4,800 and 4,900 yard season as well.

2008: 5,069 yards - 7-9
2011: 5,476 yards- 13-3
2012: 5,177 yards - 7-9
2014: 4,952 yards-7-9
2015: 4,870 yards-7-9 (7-8 with Drew and would've been a 5k season if he played 16 games)
2016: 5,208 yards-7-9

Seems like the article was written last week and they forgot to publish it.

Pretty sure Sunday put a rest to the most extreme criticism.

Your expectation of 5k seasons shows just how jaded Brees has made you.

Mahomes wasnt a 5k QB last year (over 16 games). Wilson has barely topped 4k in his career.

I'm not "jaded" and it's specifically because of his multiple 5k seasons that I have him personally ranked much higher than most people as far as all-time QB's.

He's just...not that guy anymore. Not sure why it's sacrilege to point that out. I also didn't say I wanted to see Brees benched for Winston.

As been eloquently stated above me, TYPICALLY, when a QB has thrown for 5K yards his team is usually terrible. That QB is likely absent of both a competent defense and a dependable running game. I am more than fine not having to live through a 5K season if a losing record is attached to it.

I know Drew is proud of his records. That said something tells me he’d trade those 5K seasons for a stout defense, which would have led to playoff spots and possible SB appearances with our QB still in his prime.

Last edited:
He's using cherry-picked stats, history, and deflection as his reasoning.

Context is everything in this discussion.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom