StopWatching.US (1 Viewer)

Signing a petition against the NSA just points them in your direction. At this point, nothing will stop Big Brother from watching you.

Signing a petition against the NSA just points them in your direction. At this point, nothing will stop Big Brother from watching you.

We could vote for a Republican in the white house next time then after that doesn't work we could vote for a Democrat and keep repeating until something gets accomplished.

We could vote for a Republican in the white house next time then after that doesn't work we could vote for a Democrat and keep repeating until something gets accomplished.

You have just predicted the future. As long as we are fighting each other, we lose.

That's the spirit! Sit around and do nothing. Let them take away all of our rights.
That is exactly the problem bclemms, politicians in general are the problem and not a specific party. The older I get, the more cynical I become. I used to love the American system of government and thought it should be a model for the rest of the world. This gross amalgamation it has morphed into has eroded my confidence and at this point, nothing short of another revolution will stop it.

That said, I am not sitting around doing nothing. I am arming myself for the next revolution. It will come in my lifetime; no doubt, unless the government takes me out with one of their drones!

PS OH CRAP! I just talked about armed revolution against the government on the internet. I bet that just jumped me right to the top of a bunch of watch lists!! Not sure if that buzzing noise on my front porch are killer drones or dirt daubers.

I have a feeling I will lose the little hope I have left for this country in 2014 and 2016 when Americans elect (R)'s and (D)'s all over again expecting things to change. The majority of citizens just don't care, or are too ignorant to see that this isn't a government 'for the people, by the people' anymore.

I hope I'm wrong.

That is exactly the problem bclemms, politicians in general are the problem and not a specific party. The older I get, the more cynical I become. I used to love the American system of government and thought it should be a model for the rest of the world. This gross amalgamation it has morphed into has eroded my confidence and at this point, nothing short of another revolution will stop it.

That said, I am not sitting around doing nothing. I am arming myself for the next revolution. It will come in my lifetime; no doubt, unless the government takes me out with one of their drones!

PS OH CRAP! I just talked about armed revolution against the government on the internet. I bet that just jumped me right to the top of a bunch of watch lists!! Not sure if that buzzing noise on my front porch are killer drones or dirt daubers.

The system of government isn't the problem. The way the system was set up it allowed for sweeping change in Washington. The two parties changed the system by pretty much eliminated any chance of a third party by excluding them from debates and making people believe that voting for a 3rd party is a wasted vote when reality is using your vote to keep someone out of office is the real wasted vote. The two parties have become so entrenched that they know they aren't going anywhere which has allowed special interests and back door politics to rule. Politicians, even the president in some cases have become pawns being controlled by corporate money and the behind the scenes party leaders.

Meanwhile, they have distracted us from the real issues while dangling ethic and moral issues like abortion, prayer in school, gay marriage as well as war and security while the real stuff happens quietly in the background.

In the end, it is our own fault for putting up with it and being so damn stupid.

The system of government isn't the problem. The way the system was set up it allowed for sweeping change in Washington. The two parties changed the system by pretty much eliminated any chance of a third party by excluding them from debates and making people believe that voting for a 3rd party is a wasted vote when reality is using your vote to keep someone out of office is the real wasted vote. The two parties have become so entrenched that they know they aren't going anywhere which has allowed special interests and back door politics to rule. Politicians, even the president in some cases have become pawns being controlled by corporate money and the behind the scenes party leaders.

Meanwhile, they have distracted us from the real issues while dangling ethic and moral issues like abortion, prayer in school, gay marriage as well as war and security while the real stuff happens quietly in the background.

In the end, it is our own fault for putting up with it and being so damn stupid.
Totally agree b...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom