Stork traded to Redskins not released by Pats (1 Viewer)

Stew

Wait.....what?
Reaction score
By Josh Alper
August 24, 2016, 1:57 PM CDT
Report: Bryan Stork traded to Washington rather than released

On Wednesday morning, multiple reports from New England had the Patriots cutting center Bryan Stork from their 90-man roster.

That appears to have been premature or a well-timed leak to generate some trade interest because Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that Stork has been traded to the Redskins for a conditional draft choice. There’s no word on the draft pick or the conditions.

Kory Lichtensteiger is at the top of the depth chart at center for the Redskins and has gotten the start in each of the team’s two preseason games to this point. They have Spencer Long listed as their backup center, but Long is also the starter at left guard while the team waits to see if Shawn Lauvao can be healthy enough to regain the job.

Stork, a 2014 fourth-round pick, has made 17 starts at center for the Patriots over the last two seasons.

And there goes that bandwagon.Loomis unreasonably criticised for not making a trade in 3...2...1...

That's going to make it a little more difficult for us to sign him.

What a coincidence. Last night, I read that Marcus Martin has been a "blow-up doll" at center for the 49ers and isn't likely to be picked up by anyone after he's cut. I remember there being a lot of grumbling over us not taking a center that year, particularly Martin in the 2nd round. I was probably guilty, too. The grass isn't always greener, I guess.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Actually stork is retiring. Huh? This just got interesting.</p>&mdash; Chris Cooley (@thecooleyzone) <a href="https://twitter.com/thecooleyzone/status/768535430341988352">August 24, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What?

If he is actually retiring, I imagine that conditional pick is now substantially lower. :hihi:

He's a decent player. He's a move interior lineman with adequate strength and good size. I would have put a claim on him cause still on rookie deal. Scheme fit wise he is the kind of player that fits. Trading a 4th kinda steep though ouch. Availability is a concern and according to reports attitude. He was a locker room leader at FSU. Must be something really going on in his personal life. The retirement news I bet that is BS. He's just ticked off. And throwing a tantrum. Come time for game checks he will play. I believe he been a gulf shore guy most his life. New Orleans good a spot as any for him personally on theory at least

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom