Storm Season 2021 (1 Viewer)

Why all of a sudden does every thunderstorm have to be a tropical storm or if you were in the gulf a hurricane Tuesday?

I must ask this. Why in the world, must these in the middle of the night weather alerts come across my phone/TV/radio? I mean what am I going to do? Get out my bed and go do what? Sit in an inner hallway, bathroom, closet...etc.? And for how long? My thoughts are, if a tornado is coming, let it rip. If I get killed in my sleep, I will not know it. Instead I am woken up to wonder when I am going to die, or if I am going to die. Then if nothing happens, the freaking adrenaline rush keeps me awake for the next few hours. I do not have an on/off switch where I just fall back asleep.

I get the all out warnings during the day light hours. But in the middle of the night? Please!

I must ask this. Why in the world, must these in the middle of the night weather alerts come across my phone/TV/radio? I mean what am I going to do? Get out my bed and go do what? Sit in an inner hallway, bathroom, closet...etc.? And for how long? My thoughts are, if a tornado is coming, let it rip. If I get killed in my sleep, I will not know it. Instead I am woken up to wonder when I am going to die, or if I am going to die. Then if nothing happens, the freaking adrenaline rush keeps me awake for the next few hours. I do not have an on/off switch where I just fall back asleep.

I get the all out warnings during the day light hours. But in the middle of the night? Please!

Some people have basements. If the warning gets me to the basement in time, I'd just continue sleeping down there til morning.

If you have Apple you can turn alerts off in settings.

Looks like another round of nighttime severe weather may be rolling through Louisiana Friday night and then again on Tuesday night. Lovely.

Looks like another round of nighttime severe weather may be rolling through Louisiana Friday night and then again on Tuesday night. Lovely.

The recent problem for my community is we are rural and most of us are on septic tanks. We've had record rainfall since mid March. It causes the field drains to be overwhelmed and the tanks can't drain properly. Thankfully, we've had great weather the last few days and our residents can now catch up on laundry and showers> it's been a mess here. I know the pain you're feeling

I wanted to be out in that **** as little as possible
I got lucky on the 2nd day bc the major band hit while I was still on I10 - I sat in some Toyota parking lot for about 20 until it let up

was that not nuts? I drove home that Tuesday when the winds were pushing 50mph.

We were crawling at 35 crossing and there was an 18 wheeler crossing that i HAD TO PASS but thought that trailer could tip over at any moment. When cars came to a stop a few times, you could see the driver in front bouncing around because the car was bouncing from the crosswinds.

it was a freak weather phenomenom called a wake low.

surprised i havent seen a thread about seacor's tragic accident in the EE.

i rem checking the weather that day and looking at the "future" and it spinning counterclockwise and thinking man this looks crazy. about 5 hours later everything in the gulf started up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom