Saints 1 - Falcons 0
- Aug 31, 2008
- Reaction score
- Washington DC
J.D. Power and Associates has released their 2009 Internet Service Provider Residential Customer Satisfaction Study, which ranks ISPs on five factors: performance and reliability; cost of service; customer service; billing; and offerings and promotions. According to the results (broken down by geographical area here), Verizon took the top spot in the east, Wide Open West took the top spot in the North Central region, Earthlink took the top spot in the west, and Bright House Networks took the top spot in the south. Some key findings from the latest survey, which polled 23,997 users:
• Overall satisfaction with broadband service is 639 on a 1,000-point scale, an increase of 22 index points compared with 2008.
• Customer satisfaction with connection performance and reliability averaged 687 points in 2009 -- a 43-point increase from 644 in 2008.
• Customer loyalty (users who have no plan to switch because of service quality) has increased by two percentage points from 2008, to 32 percent in 2009.
• 66 percent of customers state they "definitely will" or "probably will" recommend their provider to others in 2009-an increase of four percentage points, compared with 2008.
• Average hold times have decreased by nearly 30 seconds in 2009, compared with 2008.