Story from the Philly game (1 Viewer)

A bit off topic but..do people in Philadelphia know they have a REAL Heavyweight champion by the name of Joe Frazier? Ya know...the one that knocked down and gave Muhammad Ali fits? One of THE greatest boxers (talking about Frazier) of all times who is FROM Philly?

Sorry, but the Rocky love in Philly makes me sick. :covri:
Yo chump...don't be making fun of rocky
smiley1.boxing.gif

The Eagles schedule will have them back in the mix in the standings.

Chiefs, Bye, Bucs, Raiders up next.

Glad we have the head to head on them.

That sucks actually...we were hoping to have the edge on you. Oh well...hopefully we play well enough for a 2nd meeting!

Ya, but then it will be in our house (I hope). D you're still here? It's cool. Bet those Eagles boards have been too depressing lately. :hihi:

I dont go to enough away games to know whether saints fans travel well or not, but there sure were not many in Philly. I know we travel well to close venues like Atlanta. I am used to LSU away games where you see purple and gold everywhere going into the stadium. I was looking for a saints tailgate party and didnt see one anywhere. .

I would guess it is because of the stadiums reputation regarding opposing fans keeps a large amount away. And the ones that do attend aren't anxious to cheer and "out themselves" to the rowdy masses.

I can't believe you were in town and didn't call me.

We were in section 106 row 11. Did you see any other saints fans around you? I looked around when we would score to see if any saints fans were cheering and didnt see anyone near us. I guess you would have been over our left shoulder and i dont remember looking back that way.

I was in section 110, row 8. There were 2 Saints fans & 1 Jets fan wearing the B&G 2 rows in front of me. There was another 5 in Section 111. I met several more at halftime. There was a whole group of us cheering the Boys on as they went into the tunnel. Reggie gave us all high fives.

I also met several fans before the game. One was making a bet with one of the workers at the Linc. They had to go out together to eat Gumbo. One fan flew in from Austria to see the game.

Did you go to the game, J?

Yeah, club level, 40 yard line, home side. I generally kept to myself, that's largely a visitor-free zone.

Whole place was nice and quiet for most of the afternoon.

Waitress snafu'd our order so the nice manager man comped us a couple of rounds.

Pretty nice day all around.

I can't believe you were in town and didn't call me.

Didnt know you lived in Philly or I would have. We stayed downtown for my niece's wedding and I loved what little bit of Philly I got to see.

My niece married an immigrant and when I get the time I want to tell his story on the EE board. He came over from Iran and was promptly thrown in jail. His success story is remarkable. Its like one of those you can be whoever you want to be in America if you have guts and gumption stories. He was an impressive young man.

On the way home I sat next to this lady on the plane.
large_vivrepub11.jpg
I was flying back through Atlanta and am guessing she was headed there on a recruiting trip. I did not talk to her about the Imus thing, but was tempted to do so. I figure she was tired of that.

I figure Rutgers must be near Philly for her to be flying out of there.

I thought that was James Brown in drag.....

Didnt know you lived in Philly or I would have. We stayed downtown for my niece's wedding and I loved what little bit of Philly I got to see.

My niece married an immigrant and when I get the time I want to tell his story on the EE board. He came over from Iran and was promptly thrown in jail. His success story is remarkable. Its like one of those you can be whoever you want to be in America if you have guts and gumption stories. He was an impressive young man.

On the way home I sat next to this lady on the plane.
large_vivrepub11.jpg
I was flying back through Atlanta and am guessing she was headed there on a recruiting trip. I did not talk to her about the Imus thing, but was tempted to do so. I figure she was tired of that.

I figure Rutgers must be near Philly for her to be flying out of there.

and reincarnated.....

Ya, but then it will be in our house (I hope). D you're still here? It's cool. Bet those Eagles boards have been too depressing lately. :hihi:
LOL I'm trying to keep up with that Higgins (sp?) dude who posted a thread about decorating his car and hasn't been heard of since the game
unsure.gif

Depends on the forum on the Eagles boards...rant and rave is always good for a few laughs.

probably won't see too many saints fans at the Bills game either.

In general we travel really well to the games in the southeast, texas and some midwest.

Yeah, club level, 40 yard line, home side. I generally kept to myself, that's largely a visitor-free zone.

Whole place was nice and quiet for most of the afternoon.

Waitress snafu'd our order so the nice manager man comped us a couple of rounds.

Pretty nice day all around.

You mentioned in another thread that you hesitant to go to Saints games at the Linc.
Good to hear you made it and glad the Saints took the crowd out it for you. :mwink:

I've been to Saints games in Houston and Dallas over the years and there were thousands of Saints fans there and I went to the game in Denver last year and was surprised that there were thousands of Saints fans there. I think the fans just don't want to go to the Eagles games because of the harassment.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom