Strange but i like it (1 Viewer)

SaintSausagehead

Old fat dude
Reaction score
Man it sure does feel strange to see a hailmary in a saints- falcon game that went for us and not them.I dont think i ever remeber a hailmary working for us finally payback for the big ben play they used on us back in the day.

The Falcons burned us for Big Ben plays two or three times I can recall in the 70's, and the play was the difference maker in those games. It took a long time but it was sweet to get revenge.

It really is nice, I still remember the Cleveland game from a few years back, it is great to have things going in our favor.

and Copper just went up and got that ball too. It wasn't tipped or anything. He went up in a crowd of 3 defenders and snatched the ball out of the air. Payton mentioned this morning it's the first time he's ever seen that. The ball is usually at least tipped in that scenario.

Good thing we didn't cut Copper eh? :hehe:

I still dont forgive Copper, is it just me or has he put a sour taste in your mouth from his turnovers? Maybe Im a lil to harsh...

Maybee we should throw to him in the endzone all the time he cant fumble if he aint hit J/k. Im glad the man had a chance to redem himself.

I think its great that COPPER caught it! He never deserved to be anyone's goat, and his score was the difference for much of the game.

I mean this in a friendly discussion way but I wont make a habit of dissing players until I grow to 6'4'', can bench 350, can run a 4.3 40; have enough discipline to get up and exercise twice a day, doing stuff that would make average people puke; and then getting broken bones that would make the rest of us want to go home and cry---(have you ever had the "wind knocked out of you?"---its like you're dying) and running and banging those broken bones into people, all the while studying a playbook, executing assignments, and remembering the snap count.

Everybody thinks they can play football and everybody thinks a million dollars would make a difference in their own discipline and ability. At 42, I know that I never had what it takes to play pro ball, and I never will, but neither will most of everyone else. Its all good.

The Falcons burned us for Big Ben plays two or three times I can recall in the 70's, and the play was the difference maker in those games. It took a long time but it was sweet to get revenge.

Hell, I even remember the players that did it to us:
70's Billy"Whiteshoes" Johnson (very nice guy in person)
80's Michael Haynes (whom we later signed in free agency) and
Andre Rison

And the first playoff game vs. the Vikings right before halftime. :banghead:

Nice to see one go OUR way....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom