Stranger Things on Netflix (1 Viewer)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vgS2L7WPIO4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

October 27!

Love how there are Close Encounters, Goonies, and other 80s film moment shots even in the trailer...

Also, the Ghostbusters outfits for Halloween - awesome. 1984 revived!

And using Vincent Price's voice. Fantastic!

Final trailer out... Oct. 27th indeed!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/R1ZXOOLMJ8s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I enjoyed it a lot. Not quite at the level of the first season, but still better than most of what's on TV. Without spoiling anything, I liked the higher stakes and the slower pace. It allowed for a good story. I think, however, that it suffered a bit for having the party split up a little too much over the course of the season. It always works best when the gang's together, and we didn't get crucial reunions until the last episode or two. There was also an episode inserted in the last two or three episodes that focuses on one character, and I felt like it dealt a blow to the flow of the season. It wasn't a bad episode, it just halted the story a bit for me.

But well done. Looking forward to season 3...can't wait to see what happens with that ending.

There was also an episode inserted in the last two or three episodes that focuses on one character, and I felt like it dealt a blow to the flow of the season. It wasn't a bad episode, it just halted the story a bit for me.

I took that as a set up for next season.

All I can say is that, as someone that was (is?) pretty much exactly the same age as the members of the Party (I was 13 in October 1984), both seasons have grabbed me like few other shows in the last 20 years.

It is flat out amazing how they nailed middle school/high school in the 80s and every major pop culture event of the time. I mean, nailed it.

I had to stop and rewatch the scene where the new kids from California arrive at school for the first time because it was so jarringly accurate/true. So, so good.

Man how is this thread buried after the premier of season 2? I'm taking this one slow since I binged the first season in two nights. I've gotten through 4 episodes so far, and am loving every second of it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom