Stranger Things Season 3 trailer... and S4 teaser trailer (1 Viewer)

That...especially 3.8...was really good.

I don’t know if it was just me, but Netflix kept skipping from the end of an episode to the middle/end of the next - just something to watch for.

I've only seen the first episode but it was still great. I loved Billy walking out by the pool to Moving In Stereo as all the moms ogled him. A great nod to the iconic Phoebe Cates pool scene in Fast Times at Ridgemont High. Just so clever to flip that scene.

Just finished the whole thing.

I will say Season 3 seemed to be a much more self aware/referential and maybe in some ways sillier season than the previous 2, but I don't mean that in a bad way. If the first two were classic Amblin/Stephen King mashups, Season 3 felt more like a higher budgeted adventure story with more overt comedic elements. The inclusion of Back to the Future as the touchstone movie felt apt.

And I'm sure it will have naysayers, but that Neverending Story gag in episode 8 was absolutely incredible. Like I went back and rewatched it three times. It just came completely out of nowhere and was such a hilarious tension breaker and, well, Dustin+Suzy 4ever.

I will get into more detail later. Overall really enjoyed it. There are some things to pick at, but I wouldn't have watched all 8 episodes in a row if I weren't into it.

I've only seen the first episode but it was still great. I loved Billy walking out by the pool to Moving In Stereo as all the moms ogled him. A great nod to the iconic Phoebe Cates pool scene in Fast Times at Ridgemont High. Just so clever to flip that scene.
it felt like a mash-up of that and the Caddyshack pool scene - with a Stand By Me 'lard ***' line thrown in for good effect
(and then of course the phoebe cates reference later about dustin's gf)

2 episodes down and 5 more to go for me. Hope they do 2 more seasons like I've heard they were going to. I honestly never want this show to end

it felt like a mash-up of that and the Caddyshack pool scene - with a Stand By Me 'lard ***' line thrown in for good effect
(and then of course the phoebe cates reference later about dustin's gf)
It's great how different people can pick out different references and homages. I didn't think of the lardass line, but that's a good catch.
And maybe I'm looking too hard, but Steve striking out with the girls at the counter and blaming it on his stupid hat reminded me of this:

3 episodes into season 3 and I'm a bit disappointed. While the first 2 seasons seemed like they were adult shows with kids in them, this season feels more like a kids' show. It doesn't seem serious enough.

It's too goofy, and some of the characters seem like they're evolving into caricatures. Like the Russians overtly standing outside of the back of the mall with machine guns? And the this one stereotypical villain strong-arm Russian guy? And the Russian translation referencing stores in the mall? It's just over the top silly. The "bad guys" in previous seasons were more believable bad guys who seemed to be multi-faceted characters, but not this season. It feels like a typical kids' movie version of bad guys.

And a lot of the lines that are supposed to be funny feel very forced.

It's still good, and I'll still watch it all, but to me it's miles behind the first 2 seasons.

Last edited:
Stranger Things is a love letter to the 80's disguised as a horror show.

I'm on episode 3 now and enjoying the hell out of it.

The kids have always reminded me of the Losers' Club from Stephen King's "It".

Just finished the whole thing.

I will say Season 3 seemed to be a much more self aware/referential and maybe in some ways sillier season than the previous 2, but I don't mean that in a bad way. If the first two were classic Amblin/Stephen King mashups, Season 3 felt more like a higher budgeted adventure story with more overt comedic elements. The inclusion of Back to the Future as the touchstone movie felt apt.

And I'm sure it will have naysayers, but that Neverending Story gag in episode 8 was absolutely incredible. Like I went back and rewatched it three times. It just came completely out of nowhere and was such a hilarious tension breaker and, well, Dustin+Suzy 4ever.

I will get into more detail later. Overall really enjoyed it. There are some things to pick at, but I wouldn't have watched all 8 episodes in a row if I weren't into it.

Talking about your spoiler, I loved it as well. I thought it was hilarious. And overall I enjoyed season 3. It was really good. I also watched all 8 in a row. The only problem with me doing that is I have no clue what happened in each episode because it feels like one big movie that I watched. I don't know where in the "movie" I liked something.

I just finished the season. The infiltrate the Russian Mall compound storyline was a big misstep. It was awful. Seriously, air ducts and elevators and keystone cop Russians? I could go into more detail but I'm lazy. Erica may be one of the most annoying characters in the history of television. The other two storylines were fine. Overall I enjoyed the season, but was surprised at how bad parts of it were.

I just finished the season. The infiltrate the Russian Mall compound storyline was a big misstep. It was awful. Seriously, air ducts and elevators and keystone cop Russians? I could go into more detail but I'm lazy. Erica may be one of the most annoying characters in the history of television. The other two storylines were fine. Overall I enjoyed the season, but was surprised at how bad parts of it were.

Erica doesn't even register as a mosquito bite to me. I've seen several characters that are way more annoying to the point where I want to kill them, reanimate their corpse and kill them again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom