Stranger Things Season 3 trailer... and S4 teaser trailer (1 Viewer)

I loved season 3 but I think one more season should do. How many times can you fight the same monster over and over? I'm thinking one more season then maybe five or six years down the road you bring these characters back in college in the early 90's that could be fun.

The Duffer Bros. already have the major plot points lined up for next season and have hinted that it will likely be the final season. Executive Producer has stated that season 4 is a lock and likely will end the show after season 5.

the speculation that intrigues me is that Hopper is in the upside down and el will have to go and save him - we spent hardly any time in the upside down this season, maybe bc we'll be there a lot next season

To build onto that speculation... my personal theory is that they will go to the upside down to save Hopper, but they find him completely controlled by the mind flayer thus setting him up as the ultimate big bad to end the series.

Also, I was 1000% certain that after Joyce closed her front door in the final moving out scene, the camera would pan up to the lights which would start flickering with a message from Hop from the upside down. I was so certain of it, that I was completely shocked when it didn't happen haha.

To build onto that speculation... my personal theory is that they will go to the upside down to save Hopper, but they find him completely controlled by the mind flayer thus setting him up as the ultimate big bad to end the series.

Also, I was 1000% certain that after Joyce closed her front door in the final moving out scene, the camera would pan up to the lights which would start flickering with a message from Hop from the upside down. I was so certain of it, that I was completely shocked when it didn't happen haha.
i kind of like that in theory, but structurally, that only involves El and Joyce since they are the only ones with strong ties to him - they obviously, can't have hopper doing the same Billy did this season - but i think you're right in that hopper will have to have some character arc change if he's in the USD

I thought it was pretty well hinted that Hopper is now in Russia.

I watched the entire series in one sitting on a plane flight this week... I loved it. I thought it was quite a bit better than Season 2 and almost as good as Season 1. I continue to love Steve's development -- from a character I really didn't like to a highlight character.

most speculation has it that it's dr brenner in the russian jail

Oh, I hadn't read any speculation, but that would make sense. I just assumed since they didn't actually show Hopper being killed and then mentioned "the American" in Russia we were supposed to assume that was Hopper. Of course, he could have just jumped through the rift to save himself.

Hopper being in the prison is the most obvious assumption as he is specifically referred to as "The American" numerous times. But it may be so obvious as to be a dodge. We do know from season 2 that Brenner is allegedly still alive. And the Russians caught up on all that upside down research somehow.

Either way, though, if you go back and watch the scene right before the device explodes, Hopper isn't on that platform. At least not that you can see. And Eleven not having powers to search for him,, whether in Russia or the Upside Down, is convenient from a plot standpoint.

I liked it. There's one nitpick that disappointed me a little. I felt like they were setting this up to have a signature D&D monster highlight each season. The demogorgon then the mind flayer. I was sort of hoping they'd stick with that and do a different one in season 3 with all new threats and abilities. Oh well.

I liked it. There's one nitpick that disappointed me a little. I felt like they were setting this up to have a signature D&D monster highlight each season. The demogorgon then the mind flayer. I was sort of hoping they'd stick with that and do a different one in season 3 with all new threats and abilities. Oh well.

Maybe next season they go obscure on the D&D monsters and we get a Spider Horse:

$

Maybe next season they go obscure on the D&D monsters and we get a Spider Horse:

$

When that first bear-sized thing was after them, I thought for sure they were going to go 'hellhound.' Seemed like a missed opportunity.

The "final battle" with the huge creature was a throwback to Lucas' part of the D&D campaign in the first episode of season one. It happens exactly like he tells the story.

So I read an article that says David Harbour is signed on for 4 seasons of Stranger Things so I think it's a no brainer that we'll see Hopper again. Whether or not he's the American or he's stuck in the Upside Down we'll have to wait years to find out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom