Stranger Things season 4 discussion (2 Viewers)

we're caught up. cool show. was a neat "twist" in the last episode.

hopper being in russia the whole season was interesting. i dont see how thats bringing much to the show. maybe i'm missing something.

we're caught up. cool show. was a neat "twist" in the last episode.

hopper being in russia the whole season was interesting. i dont see how thats bringing much to the show. maybe i'm missing something.

It brought us Jaqen H'gha, bizzaro pilot Yakov Smirnoff , Kung Fu Murray and Demogorgon fight club. I mean. What more do you want?

I thought it was more like a snapshot of 1983, not necessarily stuck there. None of the communication would work if it were “stuck” in time.
Nancy wanted to get her guns but they weren't there because time was stuck or the snapshot is before. She even saw the last date in her journal and I believe it was the same day as the gate opening. My point is how could Will see the letters and the lights if he's looking at an old snapshot that doesn't have them in it?

Nancy wanted to get her guns but they weren't there because time was stuck or the snapshot is before. She even saw the last date in her journal and I believe it was the same day as the gate opening. My point is how could Will see the letters and the lights if he's looking at an old snapshot that doesn't have them in it?
Another possibility:
It’s not like the upside down is an exact replica- it’s the same blueprint, but we don’t see upside down versions of all the inhabitants of Hawkins
Anyone who gets sucked into the upside down and remains alive (Will, Nancy, Steve, Robin, Eddie) continues along their timeline bc they are still tethered to the right side up

Also it seems to me the upside down is more a psychic realm than strictly physical
We don’t know if it’s always been there like Dustin said, or if El created it when she banished One
- so far my money is on El created it and she’s maybe the final boss
But Kid Creel could have built his own psychic reality inside Eli’s psychic creation- I’d buy that Creel’s trauma froze part of that in time (like a parent who lost a child to tragedy not changing anything about their kid’s bedroom)

Another possibility:
It’s not like the upside down is an exact replica- it’s the same blueprint, but we don’t see upside down versions of all the inhabitants of Hawkins
Anyone who gets sucked into the upside down and remains alive (Will, Nancy, Steve, Robin, Eddie) continues along their timeline bc they are still tethered to the right side up

Also it seems to me the upside down is more a psychic realm than strictly physical
We don’t know if it’s always been there like Dustin said, or if El created it when she banished One
- so far my money is on El created it and she’s maybe the final boss
But Kid Creel could have built his own psychic reality inside Eli’s psychic creation- I’d buy that Creel’s trauma froze part of that in time (like a parent who lost a child to tragedy not changing anything about their kid’s bedroom)
I started to think that she created it but season 4 makes it seem like once that gate was opened she took off and left but in season 1 the gate was open and she was still there doing experiments.

I started to think that she created it but season 4 makes it seem like once that gate was opened she took off and left but in season 1 the gate was open and she was still there doing experiments.
1979 she vanished One into the Underground
1983 in the sensory deprivation tank she sees the demogorgon while trying to do the assassination stuff - the monster breaks out and soon after El escapes as well

1979 she vanished One into the Underground
1983 in the sensory deprivation tank she sees the demogorgon while trying to do the assassination stuff - the monster breaks out and soon after El escapes as well
That was 79? Well that changes things. I'm rewatching it all so I'll see if anything changes. I still think she only opened a portal to that world and sent One there and that One is the real leader there, not the Mind Flayer. Everything doesn't have to follow D&D perfectly as Dustin sets it out.

That was 79? Well that changes things. I'm rewatching it all so I'll see if anything changes. I still think she only opened a portal to that world and sent One there and that One is the real leader there, not the Mind Flayer. Everything doesn't have to follow D&D perfectly as Dustin sets it out.
Visually all we see so far is that what she blasts One into looks nothing like the upside down in 83

So I have a new question. I just finished re-watching the first 3 seasons and I don't understand how the end to 3 worked. So the Mind Flayer that left Will in season 2 survived the gate being closed. Well then why did the gate closing in 3 kill him?

I also have a prediction about the second part to 4.
It's my guess that MKUltra was a leaked cover story over what really happened and that's the scientists never gave anyone powers, the kids already had powers and aren't clones or anything like that. The whole LSD to create powers is a cover story and 1-11 or however many there were is just the order they found them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom