Stranger Things season 4 discussion (1 Viewer)

I also have a prediction about the second part to 4.
It's my guess that MKUltra was a leaked cover story over what really happened and that's the scientists never gave anyone powers, the kids already had powers and aren't clones or anything like that. The whole LSD to create powers is a cover story and 1-11 or however many there were is just the order they found them.
Maybe
What would that do? Not seeing how that moves the needle much

So I have a new question. I just finished re-watching the first 3 seasons and I don't understand how the end to 3 worked. So the Mind Flayer that left Will in season 2 survived the gate being closed. Well then why did the gate closing in 3 kill him?
It’s funny I’m actually watching s3/e8 right now
The Russians opening a portal allowed it to get through telepathically to the piece that was in will- that infected the rats which infected the people

It’s funny I’m actually watching s3/e8 right now
The Russians opening a portal allowed it to get through telepathically to the piece that was in will- that infected the rats which infected the people
I'm not asking about that part. I'm asking why does the gate closing kill it when it escaped out of Will in season 2 and the gate closing didn't kill it, it was able to live by going into rats and such. I also don't think that the gate closing affects the demo dogs in the upside down and that's how one is with the Russians, it came through the gate afterwards.

I'm not asking about that part. I'm asking why does the gate closing kill it when it escaped out of Will in season 2 and the gate closing didn't kill it, it was able to live by going into rats and such. I also don't think that the gate closing affects the demo dogs in the upside down and that's how one is with the Russians, it came through the gate afterwards.
Not sure I’m completely understanding- I don’t think the closing of the gate ‘killed’ the MF it just banished it to the upside down - and that cut off the telepathic link to the part that was in Will
When the Russians opened the door that reestablished the link

Not sure I’m completely understanding- I don’t think the closing of the gate ‘killed’ the MF it just banished it to the upside down - and that cut off the telepathic link to the part that was in Will
When the Russians opened the door that reestablished the link
They said that closing the gate would kill it but the thing that left Will survived the gate closing. So why would another gate closing have any affect on it?

I didn't enjoy this season as much as the others. It seems to have gotten away from the nostalgia that made it magical. STILL a good series and overall I enjoyed it. But I felt myself tuning out, like a LOT. It was also darker to me. I still like the series but haven't enjoyed this season nearly as much as the others.

I didn't enjoy this season as much as the others. It seems to have gotten away from the nostalgia that made it magical. STILL a good series and overall I enjoyed it. But I felt myself tuning out, like a LOT. It was also darker to me. I still like the series but haven't enjoyed this season nearly as much as the others.
Yeah it’s kind of a reverse Harry Potter - the early years of Potter were a bit Chris Columbus so the change to the teen/darker storylines was welcome
otoh
seasons 1&3 were so perfect at capturing preadolescent angst, mystery, whimsy that transitioning into actual adolescence was going to be a challenge- and I think it’s a challenge bc us viewers might have a bit more of an ambiguous relationship to our teen years than our pre-teen (it’s one thing for a 12 yr old to believe in monsters and another for a 15 yr old to do so)
And I think that’s why they’re setting up 11 as the final boss
And why I wonder if there won’t be a major time jump for s5

Yeah it’s kind of a reverse Harry Potter - the early years of Potter were a bit Chris Columbus so the change to the teen/darker storylines was welcome
otoh
seasons 1&3 were so perfect at capturing preadolescent angst, mystery, whimsy that transitioning into actual adolescence was going to be a challenge- and I think it’s a challenge bc us viewers might have a bit more of an ambiguous relationship to our teen years than our pre-teen (it’s one thing for a 12 yr old to believe in monsters and another for a 15 yr old to do so)
And I think that’s why they’re setting up 11 as the final boss
And why I wonder if there won’t be a major time jump for s5
I don't know how big but there will be a time jump.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom