Tweet/s Strength of Schedule. (1 Viewer)

One of the things that's overlooked when we talk about the Golden Age of Saints Football is the fact that they have had so much success despite facing a tough schedule almost every year. The Saints have been winning a lot of games despite having some brutal schedules.

This year is no different with nine games against teams that made the playoffs last season including the two teams that played in the Super Bowl. Drawing the NFC West and AFC North in the same season isn't ideal.

One of the things that's overlooked when we talk about the Golden Age of Saints Football is the fact that they have had so much success despite facing a tough schedule almost every year. The Saints have been winning a lot of games despite having some brutal schedules.

This year is no different with nine games against teams that made the playoffs last season including the two teams that played in the Super Bowl. Drawing the NFC West and AFC North in the same season isn't ideal.
Agreed!

Last year We went thru HELL in gasoline underwear! Ida, COVID, n ALL those injuries took a toll on us!

This season, I’m hoping the pendulum swings back in our favor. Right off top, I know injuries are inevitable, but man, we gotta stay HEALTHY! It’s esp true on O, so that Jameis n the O ( esp his receivers) can establish some much needed rhythm n chemistry.

I’d like to see us add a lil more depth. Wouldn’t mind adding Jarvis, but we also need another RB. On D, I’d love to get Kwon back, but adding another DT wouldn’t hurt either.

For us to make a strong playoff push n run, we gotta get dat “Domefield Advantage” back!!! Losing half our games at home ain’t gonna get it! 😡The D already seems primed n ready to make some “noise” of its own! 😉 But the O has gotta take care of the ball, convert better on 3rd downs, n score more than they did last year. I hoping for about a TD more, so about 27 ppg. They also need to close games out better in da 4th quarter!!!!

Other than Gilliken, our STs struggled last year.Man we REALLY missed Lutz! Fortunately, Wil is back! Our coverage wasn’t good ( no Hardee!) n now we also lost Ty Montgomery. So wen DA said #2 pick Alontae Taylor would possibly see time on STs while he develops at CB, he wasn’t jokin! Meanwhile, 5th rd LB D’Marco Jackson is a nice open field tackler n has 4.55 speed! S Smoke Monday is a baller! Abram Smith played some LB at Baylor before movin back to RB last year! Taylor is a virtual lock to make the team. But I also like Jackson, Monday n Smith! IMO, all have a chance to make the 53 on STs play alone! But I think they are all pretty good players at their positions too!

I know it’s early. But gotta give props to da Saints FO! Hiring Dennis Allen is lookin pretty good right now! DA knows this this team, its players, its culture n esp its needs! But he didn’t “reinvent da wheel”, tho. He kept the coaching staff mostly intact, n only added a couple new faces. He addressed lotsa team needs via vet FA, draft, n UDFAs.

IMO, the biggest difference will b Dennis Allen, the Head Coach! I think the former DC is gonna want his team to play smart, but b more physical n aggressive!!!!

Should b a fun year!!! 👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾

( sorry for being a lil long winded! 😂🤣😂)

The D already seems primed n ready to make some “noise” of its own! 😉
michael-scott-the-office.gif

Would be a good check to see where the eventual SB Champs in the past 10yrs started the season strength of schedule....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom