Strief Knows the Situation... (1 Viewer)

He knows his days are numbered and that Peat has already won the RT job over him .... I won't be surprised if the same happens with Jahri .... We are definately addressing the interior line in the draft ...

Strief has no say and the fact that he is even responding to these questions shows that there is SOME truth to things.

I feel like that's an automatic thing for players to say after a disappointing season. Like how we normally answer "fine" when people ask how we're doing.

I think he hit the nail on the head. SP is the best fit for the team and Drew.

I think he hit the nail on the head. SP is the best fit for the team and Drew.

TRUE DAT~! IMHO, my ?’s are with Browner and Byrd, two guys who were “supposed” to have come in and made this Defense a whole new ball game with the Defense being our strong point instead of being dismal AGAIN~! Both of those dudes either were playing hurt of stupid or both and I don’t get it because of their past performances~! Neither are or should have been what we saw this season. Something there must change. If hurt, heal up. If confused, do more play study I mean Byrd was an Int. Machine until he put on the Black and Gold uni and I don’t think it was his attire which messed his coverages up. Maybe the calls were wrong at the wrong times? Maybe Browner has gotten away with his penalty riddled play all of his career until now?’

One thing is we’re seeing Vaccarro step it up again to his sure tackling ways as the season progressed, we saw Breaux develop into a real playmaker, Stephon Anthony played hard. We had some significant injuries and I wonder what will happen to Lewis?

As far as Strief hitting it on the head, seems like he really knows. He’s one of the smartest guys we have out there and he’s seen quite a lot and I wouldn’t think he’d be wrong in his statements so; I’m with Strief when he talks about “The FIT” as the last ten years have allowed us old dogs who were around when The SAINTS first came into being to pretty much forget the “Ain’t” daze and recall the favorable Dome Patrol and how the Hebert to Martin and Early felt and Snead made me pull for Lance but I didn’t miss him so much. I did wonder why we didn’t use Cooks the way we did Reggie and even Sprolesy but what do I know about it? Nothing~! For sure. All I can say is; there seems to be something really good about these guys with a couple of exceptions and I do now look forward to passing these next 6 months taking a holiday and getting into better shape than before, working on my routes and getting into the weight room with a purpose~! 2016 Season here we come.

As far as who I am pulling for this play-off first Seeded NFC team Panthers to go down in flames after their one game at home~! Because no body can WIN IT the way our TEAM did in ’09 and I’d just as soon not have to watch the silliness Newton brings as his baggage. Course seeing Harper blow up plays would be fun to watch if that’s what he does but not enough to pull for the PANTIES.

I would like to keep Strief and Jahri for 1 more year but as backups. Cutting them both we would only save 2.4 million in cap space and we would use most if not all of that to fill the backup spots on the roster.

Didn't watch the video, did you?

What does the video have to do w Strief starting for us next year? I watched it and nothing in the video addresses him being the starter. All that guy said was that Strief probably won't be starting next year and that he wouldn't be surprised if Evans is replaced at OG.

Evans struggled and Strief didn't play well at all this year. Strief even said before the season started that he probably won't be starting much longer bc of how good Peat is. We spent a 1st rounder on the guy for a reason, and that reason is to replace and aging and diminishing Strief.

I think that Evans had a better year than Lelito and Kelemete, but that doesn't mean that he'll be starting here next year based off of his recent play and his big contract. If the FO doesn't upgrade our OG position by adding at least another starter then we will struggle next year too.

What does the video have to do w Strief starting for us next year? I watched it and nothing in the video addresses him being the starter. All that guy said was that Strief probably won't be starting next year and that he wouldn't be surprised if Evans is replaced at OG.

Evans struggled and Strief didn't play well at all this year. Strief even said before the season started that he probably won't be starting much longer bc of how good Peat is. We spent a 1st rounder on the guy for a reason, and that reason is to replace and aging and diminishing Strief.

I think that Evans had a better year than Lelito and Kelemete, but that doesn't mean that he'll be starting here next year based off of his recent play and his big contract. If the FO doesn't upgrade our OG position by adding at least another starter then we will struggle next year too.

That was my point. Everything he said is valid but I figured the second post in the thread would be about the topic in the only other post.

TRUE DAT~! IMHO, my ?’s are with Browner and Byrd, two guys who were “supposed” to have come in and made this Defense a whole new ball game with the Defense being our strong point instead of being dismal AGAIN~! Both of those dudes either were playing hurt of stupid or both and I don’t get it because of their past performances~! Neither are or should have been what we saw this season. Something there must change. If hurt, heal up. If confused, do more play study I mean Byrd was an Int. Machine until he put on the Black and Gold uni and I don’t think it was his attire which messed his coverages up. Maybe the calls were wrong at the wrong times? Maybe Browner has gotten away with his penalty riddled play all of his career until now?’

One thing is we’re seeing Vaccarro step it up again to his sure tackling ways as the season progressed, we saw Breaux develop into a real playmaker, Stephon Anthony played hard. We had some significant injuries and I wonder what will happen to Lewis?

As far as Strief hitting it on the head, seems like he really knows. He’s one of the smartest guys we have out there and he’s seen quite a lot and I wouldn’t think he’d be wrong in his statements so; I’m with Strief when he talks about “The FIT” as the last ten years have allowed us old dogs who were around when The SAINTS first came into being to pretty much forget the “Ain’t” daze and recall the favorable Dome Patrol and how the Hebert to Martin and Early felt and Snead made me pull for Lance but I didn’t miss him so much. I did wonder why we didn’t use Cooks the way we did Reggie and even Sprolesy but what do I know about it? Nothing~! For sure. All I can say is; there seems to be something really good about these guys with a couple of exceptions and I do now look forward to passing these next 6 months taking a holiday and getting into better shape than before, working on my routes and getting into the weight room with a purpose~! 2016 Season here we come.

As far as who I am pulling for this play-off first Seeded NFC team Panthers to go down in flames after their one game at home~! Because no body can WIN IT the way our TEAM did in ’09 and I’d just as soon not have to watch the silliness Newton brings as his baggage. Course seeing Harper blow up plays would be fun to watch if that’s what he does but not enough to pull for the PANTIES.

You're so ridiculously wrong about Byrd it isn't even funny. True he hasn't made the INTs like he was making in BUF, but that really hasn't been his fault bc of who he's been playing w, and he's also been very good at cleaning up the runners on the 2nd level and forcing fumbles. Yes we paid him a lot based on how he's contributing, but that's bc of his top of the league skill set at being a ballhawk, and you'll be singing a different tune if we can just add a passrush.

When he was signed, it appeared that we had the D set up in a way that'd really show off his abilities, but everything went to **** w Gallete and then having most of our CBs go down. That isn't his fault, and he's done well in spite of it. It doesn't matter how good the FS is, if he doesn't have quality CBs and a good passrush that forces the QB to make hurried throws then he won't be able to succeed. Instead of playing centerfield, he's had to babysit weaker CBs.

It's not that he just all of a sudden isn't able to do what he once was. It's that this D currently doesn't have the pieces to allow him to play that way, and he hasn't been able to put up such gaudy stats like he once was bc of it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom