Article Strong locker room helping Eli Apple in second year with Saints (1 Viewer)

Dr. Saint

Since 2002
Reaction score
Very good read!! We have the best locker room in the league, IMO!!

Our people have their head on straight and being around them helps others get theirs on straight.

Yep. It seems like SP felt the locker room was headed in the wrong direction a few years ago so he took steps to straighten back out. Some of the moves were painful at the time but the results speak for themselves.

Yep. It seems like SP felt the locker room was headed in the wrong direction a few years ago so he took steps to straighten back out. Some of the moves were painful at the time but the results speak for themselves.
Yep SP started righting the ship at the end of the 2015 season and he has built it back up the way it should be. The strong locker room has really helped Eli Apple. He was really solid for us last season and let's hope he can continue to build on that. I believe we will have one of the deepest and best secondarys' in the league this season.

The REASON these "guys" do NOT "Act a Fool" when they get here is because, OUR TEAM will NOT allow it! Drew, Cam, SP, and Demarrio Davis will NOT allow our team chemistry to be messed up. It's like the class clown in a classroom of seniors, who KNOW they are going to college. The class clown is the ONE out of place, so the others just look at the out lier as if he/she has lost their mind. The class clown/new free agent eventually succumbs to the PEER PRESSURE of doing the RIGHT thing.
In other words, Dex Bryant,("Assumed and proven Prima Donna" IMHO) joins our team, and must succumb to doing it THE SAINTS WAY, or GTFO, of OUR LOCKER ROOM.
What happened.... Dez KNEW he was NOT the Best WR on our team. He KNEW what our lockerroom was like. So he ACTED the way EVERYONE is EXPECTED to ACT in a Saints uniform. Or, he would have been cut day one!! He conformed..... Completely different person from when he wore that fugly star on his helment. Proof is the Love the players extended to him after he got hurt. Another pont... Eli Apple was "supposedly" had issues with his Giants teammates. Anyone hear of Eli Apple having ANY issues here with teammates?
It's the culture that we have built, so outliers like Junior Galette and Brandin (all about the money) Cooks, are long gone!!!!

Considering how comfortable and happy he appears to be with the team... and how he showed improvement from week to week after he joined the Saints last season... AND the fact that he is entering the final year of his rookie contract...

I would not be surprised if Eli Apple plays at a near elite level next season and could even make the pro bowl or All Pro team.

Considering how comfortable and happy he appears to be with the team... and how he showed improvement from week to week after he joined the Saints last season... AND the fact that he is entering the final year of his rookie contract...

I would not be surprised if Eli Apple plays at a near elite level next season and could even make the pro bowl or All Pro team.

I think a part of that comfort was reuniting with former OSU teammates in Thomas, and esp fellow DBs Vonn Bell n Marshon Lattimore. I think Bell and Lat were “security blankets”, who made him more comfortable as soon he got here, and helped him to hit the ground running!
However, If there was any “problem”, they’d likely be among the first to let him “ hear it” too!

So far, it’s been a win-win for both the Saints and Apple. In using only a 4th n 7th rd pick, I think the team got a very good player. Meanwhile, Apple got a fresh start, surrounded by former friends/teammates, and playing on a winning team!

Hopefully, things will only get better this season!

:9:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom