N/S Strong rumors of Chargers eyeing St. Louis (1 Viewer)

Not in an 85,000 seat arena where the ticket prices will be prohibitive. I don't know how many great acts you think there are out there. But unless you're talking U2 there isn't that much drawing power for these acts any more even in cities the size of LA. it's not like the Eagles, Journey, & Fleetwood Mac are in their prime any more.
When an act stops at the Superdome, it’s taps out at around 35-50k.
That is doable in L.A.
You're really sounding more & more like a rep fromt he LA chamber of commerce, or one of Kroenke's sales people. The stadium is going to end up another California headache that drives their state budget even further into deficit.
No I’m not. I’m just saying it’s a multi purpose stadium. A city like Los Angeles will be using that stadium for events other than football.

When are these billionaires ever going to realize that the only thing that is going to make any NFL franchise successful is loyal fan support. Without that, you've got nothing. No one can force-feed an NFL team to anyone. If the locals ain't going to support them, it won't work. Period.

HA!

If you think this is a train wreck... Just wait to see what happens when the Raiders move to Las Vegas, and that place becomes a drunken-debaucherious-9th home game for every visiting team on their schedule...

HA!

If you think this is a train wreck... Just wait to see what happens when the Raiders move to Las Vegas, and that place becomes a drunken-debaucherious-9th home game for every visiting team on their schedule...
True. But what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. Right?!? :scratch:

True. But what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. Right?!? :scratch:

Oh... It's all fun and games until a drunken, 20 something, married male, Saints fan, comes running onto the field before kickoff on National TV... with a double beer helmet on... a half naked stripper on his back wearing a veil... and 2 fists full of Caesars ' chips in each hand.... and goes out to mid field and drops his fist to begin the Who Dat chant.... on the Raiders "home field".

St. Louis is a baseball town. Their cardinals are prime example of baseball heaven. They don’t care about football. The 11x world champion cardinals live there and take up all of the focus from that city.

HEY!!!!!!!! How ‘bout them Blues!!!!!!!!! Stanley Cup Champs!!!!!!??

Baseball ⚾❤️ AND Hockey town ??

It’s Los Angeles. Every artist is gonna make that stadium a stop. It’s also gonna host UFC and boxing fights.
And its getting off with a bang to start. It ain't even finished & one of the teams already has to go just so the other team has any chance of selling PSLs. That doesn't sound like a sports, or entertainment haven to me. The Smoothie King center does better than that.

I live in San Diego (retired Navy) and I will tell you that this is 100% percent true. I live 15 minute freeway drive to downtown San Diego and the stadium proposal was not on my ballot. We had so many angry voters at my site. I have a lot of friends who had similar stories. People here hate the Spanos (the Chargers owner) for the under handed tactics that was used to set up the move to Los Angeles. It was reported that Chargers ownership could possibly gain triple in franchise worth when the Chargers moved to L.A. There was no way the Spanos would keep the Chargers in San Diego with that type of money being thrown around.
Absolutely true!!!!!!

I was in the 4th row at the rally, listening to Goodell and the Spanos family lie their brains out to San Diego.

Spanos & Kroenke deserve each other. They are both evil, lying dirtbags.

And its getting off with a bang to start. It ain't even finished & one of the teams already has to go just so the other team has any chance of selling PSLs. That doesn't sound like a sports, or entertainment haven to me. The Smoothie King center does better than that.
I’ve said before that I think the Chargers moving has to do with CBS not wanting FOX to take over another market, but that tweet in the original post seems like a St. Louis writer trying to get clicks.

I can’t see that happening. I’m pretty close to the situation. Was in a planning meeting yesterday, with someone very close to ownership, that involved opening the stadium in 2020. That’s all I can share.

Maybe it’s an end around by Roger to try to push out ownership. I can’t see him forcing this on them though. They aren’t a financially poor organization. To the contrary. I can’t see them folding their tent to pressure.

Send the Chargers back to San Diego where they belong. Goodell’s corporatist, infinite profit growth-seeking leadership is a disgrace. Sometimes, common sense must take over.
The Chargers are not welcome in San Diego without an ownership change. I spend a lot of time in San Diego. That’s the sentiment of all fans, and local government figures who would need to help fund a new stadium.

The Chargers situation isn’t at Goodell’s feet. The Chargers and city could not get a deal done for a new stadium. The Chargers had the choice of either staying in the old stadium or moving. They chose to move. Hard to blame them. Qualcom is a dump.

If anything, Roger tried to discourage them from moving to LA by not giving them primary rights to that market. The Rams are the primary tenant and are the market’s number 1 priority.

it’s going to be tough when it comes to fan support, but the Chargers will get a piece of all stadium sponsorship, etc. They also get their share of TV revenue. It’s unfortunate, but the fans part of this is much less significant. The stadium will still have a lot of action, whether it’s Chargers fans, or opposing teams’ fans, or a combo of both. SoCal is a great place to travel and opposing fans will mark it down as an attractive road game that’s easy to get tickets to. Not to mention non Californians who live in the area, who’s home team could pass through.

Last edited:
It’s Los Angeles. Every artist is gonna make that stadium a stop. It’s also gonna host UFC and boxing fights.
You are exactly right. This is going to be one of the premier venues in the country, if not the world. It won’t fail financially, although the optics for Chargers games might not look too good. Nevertheless, there is so much built in money, that being a secondary tenant, was more attractive than having to help fund a new stadium in San Diego, or elsewhere.

Last edited:
Just go back to San Diego or go to Sacramento and build a new stadium. If I was in St. Louis I wouldnt want them after the Cards and Rams moved. Like the NFL is playing with St. LOUIS.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom