N/S Strong rumors of Chargers eyeing St. Louis (1 Viewer)

I think its great every team gets a 9th home game... is suspect Las Vegas is going to be the same situation where visiting vans regularly outnumber the local raider fans, if there actually are any.

The Chargers need to go back to San Diego, that is a great city with great football support from the fans.

I got one thing to say..................................................................WHO DAT !!!

I recently read an article that quoted numerous San Diego residents who said the ballot measure to keep the team or let them move (i.e. pay for a new stadium) wasn't on their ballots. And that it was strategically placed around the city where they knew how voters would vote. We're talking hundreds of thousands of people who wanted to keep the team but didn't even have a chance to vote on it, according to that article.

I read that article, too. I just wish I could remember where. I remember the article made it sound like there was a lot of people, possibly a majority, that really wanted the Chargers to stay. I think they should at least have first dibs on taking the team back, like Oakland with the Raiders. If they are forced on St Louis I don't know if they, both city and team, would overcome the animosity they would feel both for each other and the NFL. G'dell really screwed the pooch on this debacle and I hope it turns out to be a big enough screw job to turn most of the owners against him so we can all say bye-bye to Roger Dodger!

St Louis got so royally screwed I don't blame them for being nfl-shy now.

The Chargers should go back to San Diego.

I don't care whether the Rams stay in LA or go back to St. Louis or go back back to LA, or back back back to Cleveland.

On second thought, they should go back back back to Cleveland. Those poor folks deserve NFL football!

L.A. is already a stop that every act preforms in.
Not in an 85,000 seat arena where the ticket prices will be prohibitive. I don't know how many great acts you think there are out there. But unless you're talking U2 there isn't that much drawing power for these acts any more even in cities the size of LA. it's not like the Eagles, Journey, & Fleetwood Mac are in their prime any more.

L.A. is already a stop that every act preforms in.
You're really sounding more & more like a rep fromt he LA chamber of commerce, or one of Kroenke's sales people. The stadium is going to end up another California headache that drives their state budget even further into deficit.

New venues should be lessening capacity. Building 85,000-seat stadiums in the Internet/streaming/TV era is a fool’s errand. For football, top out around 60,000, make all of the seats good, focus on atmosphere, etc.

St. Louis is a baseball town. Their cardinals are prime example of baseball heaven. They don’t care about football. The 11x world champion cardinals live there and take up all of the focus from that city.

New venues should be lessening capacity. Building 85,000-seat stadiums in the Internet/streaming/TV era is a fool’s errand. For football, top out around 60,000, make all of the seats good, focus on atmosphere, etc.
The league couldn’t care less. As long as they have a shiny new stadium to host a Superbowl that they can say was sold out to 80,000 people they’re happy.

Send the Chargers back to San Diego where they belong. Goodell’s corporatist, infinite profit growth-seeking leadership is a disgrace. Sometimes, common sense must take over.
You'll get 'common sense' from Goodell when/if you can pry it from his cold, dead wallet.

I recently read an article that quoted numerous San Diego residents who said the ballot measure to keep the team or let them move (i.e. pay for a new stadium) wasn't on their ballots. And that it was strategically placed around the city where they knew how voters would vote. We're talking hundreds of thousands of people who wanted to keep the team but didn't even have a chance to vote on it, according to that article.
I live in San Diego (retired Navy) and I will tell you that this is 100% percent true. I live 15 minute freeway drive to downtown San Diego and the stadium proposal was not on my ballot. We had so many angry voters at my site. I have a lot of friends who had similar stories. People here hate the Spanos (the Chargers owner) for the under handed tactics that was used to set up the move to Los Angeles. It was reported that Chargers ownership could possibly gain triple in franchise worth when the Chargers moved to L.A. There was no way the Spanos would keep the Chargers in San Diego with that type of money being thrown around.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom