N/S Strong rumors of Chargers eyeing St. Louis (1 Viewer)

This is typical of LA. They can't hold onto anything with the lack of fan support.

Said offensive lineman Forrest Lamp: “We’re used to not having any fans here. It does suck, though, when they’re playing their music in the fourth quarter. We’re the ones at home. I don’t know who’s in charge of that but they probably should be fired.”

Oh, San Antonio has NO CHANCE. Jerry Jones would never allow it.

Last edited:
Not in an 85,000 seat arena where the ticket prices will be prohibitive. I don't know how many great acts you think there are out there. But unless you're talking U2 there isn't that much drawing power for these acts any more even in cities the size of LA. it's not like the Eagles, Journey, & Fleetwood Mac are in their prime any more.

There's stuff you and I have probably never heard of. When my wife and I were in Chicago earlier this year we passed Soldier Field on our way in to town and it was jam packed for some sort of Asian boy band. There's all sorts of weird stuff out there that 80,000 teenagers will go see. For that matter, there's all sorts of weird stuff that 80,000 nostalgic baby boomers will go see so that they can pretend they're still freewheeling hippies and not corporatist leeches. I'm sure they can drag the corpses of Mick Jagger and Robert Plant up there once a year.

On topic, the NFL isn't going back to St. Louis. They are trying to do damage control after the lawsuit St. Louis brought against them was allowed to go to trial (the NFL was trying to keep it in arbitration). The trial is going to be horrible publicity for the league and this is them trying to get in front of it.

You are exactly right. This is going to be one of the premier venues in the country, if not the world. It won’t fail financially, although the optics for Chargers games might not look too good. Nevertheless, there is so much built in money, that being a secondary tenant, was more attractive than having to help fund a new stadium in San Diego, or elsewhere.
Do you people realize how long it takes to turn a 7 BILLION dollar investment into a profit? They'd have to have an event three times a week for ten years to pay for that thing. And they can't even sell seating licenses for either team. That's why they're all of a sudden wanting to move one of the teams, just so they can try to sell any decent number of seating licenses. The failure which is going on is quite hilarious. Someone is going to get a haircut for anywhere from 3-5 billion dollars.

Do you people realize how long it takes to turn a 7 BILLION dollar investment into a profit? They'd have to have an event three times a week for ten years to pay for that thing. And they can't even sell seating licenses for either team. That's why they're all of a sudden wanting to move one of the teams, just so they can try to sell any decent number of seating licenses. The failure which is going on is quite hilarious. Someone is going to get a haircut for anywhere from 3-5 billion dollars.
Sounds like you have it all figured out. Thanks, I'll pass along the info.

My boy Taylor Twellman throwing out American football tweets. Lol

It was a meh decision to move a team back to LA. It was an absolute bungle to move two.

They should move both of those trash teams to St Louis.

The NFL is in total decline and is in this direction in my opinion due to a ego mania moron Rogar ( the CLOWN ) Goodell ,Please in the next labor agreement go in another direction and fire this moron!!!!!

- St. Louis is a baseball town, but they adequately supported both the Cardinals and Rams. The two owners screwed them over. I'm not sure they'd be receptive to a third team. Better than the city of LA, but they've been jilted twice and it would be a tough sell to have adopt another team. Especially one with yet another crappy owner.

- San Diego is where the Chargers belong. Huge mistake moving them. A loyal fan base got shafted. The LA move will not work.

- I always blew off the banter about LA can't and doesn't support an NFL team as general fans bashing anything but their own. I mean, the population of that area alone makes it viable. But after seeing that sea of red in The Colesium for a team that was just in the Super Bowl with a marquis roster - that was shocking.

What we're about to see between LA and Vegas is three teams in two desirable destination markets without loyal fan bases. They won't be able to manufacture that. Those teams will have home games dominated by opposing fans. That could hamper player retention and luring free agents.

This is a big, expensive misstep, IMO. A serious crack in the league's, once infallible, armor.

Last edited:
I don’t understand how anyone who watches football and has spent 24 hours in LA ever thought two teams was gonna work.

Half the city is trying to get famous and doesn’t care or have the money for sports and something like 70% of the population is from somewhere else, and they already have a favorite team.

The San Diego fans deserve their team back.

- St. Louis is a baseball town, but they adequately supported both the Cardinals and Rams. The two owners screwed them over. I'm not sure they'd be receptive to a third team. Better than the city of LA, but they've been jilted twice and it would be a tough sell to have adopt another team. Especially one with yet another crappy owner.

- San Diego is where the Chargers belong. Huge mistake moving them. A loyal fan base got shafted. The LA move will not work.

- I always blew off the banter about LA can't and doesn't support an NFL team as general fans bashing anything but their own. I mean, the population of that area alone makes it viable. But after seeing that sea of red in The Colesium for a team that was just in the Super Bowl with a marquis roster - that was shocking.

What we're about to see between LA and Vegas is three teams in two desirable destination markets without loyal fan bases. They won't be able to manufacture that. Those teams will have home games dominated by opposing fans. That could hamper player retention and luring free agents.

This is a big, expensive misstep, IMO. A serious crack in the league's, once infallible armor.

Vegas is going to be interesting. The locals love the hockey team and have given it great support.

I don't see it being as bad as LA in that regard. But the stadium is still going to be half visiting fans because it's easily the #1 road game people will circle for a road trip. I'll be at the first Saints game there, without a doubt.

I don’t understand how anyone who watches football and has spent 24 hours in LA ever thought two teams was gonna work.

Half the city is trying to get famous and doesn’t care or have the money for sports and something like 70% of the population is from somewhere else, and they already have a favorite team.

The San Diego fans deserve their team back.

I lived in LA during the Rams-Raiders era. Everyone who experienced that knew that it was a stupid idea beyond belief. They couldn't even support one NFL franchise...so they get two?

I remember us playing welcome to the jungle when the Bengals were visiting. The Bengals loved it.

I live in San Diego (retired Navy) and I will tell you that this is 100% percent true. I live 15 minute freeway drive to downtown San Diego and the stadium proposal was not on my ballot. We had so many angry voters at my site. I have a lot of friends who had similar stories. People here hate the Spanos (the Chargers owner) for the under handed tactics that was used to set up the move to Los Angeles. It was reported that Chargers ownership could possibly gain triple in franchise worth when the Chargers moved to L.A. There was no way the Spanos would keep the Chargers in San Diego with that type of money being thrown around.
Thanks for verifying what I read, and actually now remember seeing a video that was in the story that interviewed a whole lot of angry Chargers fans about not having this on their ballots.

Could you guys imagine, if after Katrina when there was real talk of moving the Saints to San Antonio, the city/state getting in bed with Benson (who wasn't exactly popular at the time, similar to Spanos) to help him move the team by keeping the option to vote on staying/leaving or upgrading the Dome vs. not off of enough ballots to guarantee that the team would move? It'd probably have been the first time in modern history that there would have been actual riots in the streets of New Orleans.

I was just in both San Diego and LA. And granted, I may not have seen it all, but from where I was and what I saw, I’d try get out of LA as fast as I can too. San Diego seemed like a different country to me. At least where I was. It was clean and people were nice. LA smelled like crap, was filthy and I was accosted by vagrants on a regular basis. Like I said. I’m sure there are better parts if LA and crappy parts of San Diego, but downtown LA was not like downtown San Deigo.

There's stuff you and I have probably never heard of. When my wife and I were in Chicago earlier this year we passed Soldier Field on our way in to town and it was jam packed for some sort of Asian boy band. There's all sorts of weird stuff out there that 80,000 teenagers will go see. For that matter, there's all sorts of weird stuff that 80,000 nostalgic baby boomers will go see so that they can pretend they're still freewheeling hippies and not corporatist leeches. I'm sure they can drag the corpses of Mick Jagger and Robert Plant up there once a year.

On topic, the NFL isn't going back to St. Louis. They are trying to do damage control after the lawsuit St. Louis brought against them was allowed to go to trial (the NFL was trying to keep it in arbitration). The trial is going to be horrible publicity for the league and this is them trying to get in front of it.
Cracks me up! ?. “Some sort of Asian boy band.” You are correct, those little teeny boppers will gladly spend their $$$, to see those boys gyrate on stage. Lol

The new stadium is also booked for a Super Bowl in 2022, I believe, & part of the 2024 Olympics Games when they are held in LA.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom