N/S Strong rumors of Chargers eyeing St. Louis (1 Viewer)

I love San Diego, you can keep LA & San Fran. ( and your Asian boy bands :censored: )

:sir-saint:

I was just in both San Diego and LA. And granted, I may not have seen it all, but from where I was and what I saw, I’d try get out of LA as fast as I can too. San Diego seemed like a different country to me. At least where I was. It was clean and people were nice. LA smelled like crap, was filthy and I was accosted by vagrants on a regular basis. Like I said. I’m sure there are better parts if LA and crappy parts of San Diego, but downtown LA was not like downtown San Deigo.
LA just seems like a basketball town to me, not NFL town.

I was at the Staples Center for a Lakers/Clippers game & the place was packed inside & out. They have all kinds of statues out front & the families were all over the statues taking pics. Lol

The fans inside were entertaining with an interesting vocabulary. “F the Lakers!” “No, F the Clippers!” Lol

Do you people realize how long it takes to turn a 7 BILLION dollar investment into a profit? They'd have to have an event three times a week for ten years to pay for that thing. And they can't even sell seating licenses for either team. That's why they're all of a sudden wanting to move one of the teams, just so they can try to sell any decent number of seating licenses. The failure which is going on is quite hilarious. Someone is going to get a haircut for anywhere from 3-5 billion dollars.
Spanos and Kroenke are jerks & evil dirtbags, but they are not STUPID! They would not be building this monster of a stadium if there was not a $$$ profit for them.

Think they should give Oregon - Oklahoma - Utah a chance St Louis is only a step above LA let another city/state have a chance

Agreed. St Lou has the Stanley Cup champs, the Blues AND the World Series champs x11, the Cardinals. They don’t need the NFL.

Let another city have a chance.

Think they should give Oregon - Oklahoma - Utah a chance St Louis is only a step above LA let another city/state have a chance
Combine those three states and you still don’t have the financial impact of being in Los Angeles. It’s not about fans in the stands or what team they are rooting for. Not even close. It’s unfortunate, but true.

e
Roger's experiment is blowing up in his face.... :biglol:

It's already proven, twice, Los Angeles doesn't care about football. Did you see the 49er fans at the Ram's last home game. It was a see of red...

I hope the NFL has to eat that new stadium...
sea of red..

Oregon and Oklahoma are already claimed by the Seahawks and the Cowboys.
Utah doesn’t have the population to support a NFL team.

Put the Chargers in Arizona and move the Cardinals back to St. Louis like they used to be.

Or move the Chargers to St. Louis and then swap names.

Oregon and Oklahoma are already claimed by the Seahawks and the Cowboys.
Utah doesn’t have the population to support a NFL team.

The Seahawks are claimed by Oregon but purely due to geographical location. Portland could sustain a NFL franchise in my opinion. The Blazers and Timbers games are always packed with some of the most loyal fans I have seen even in down years. Growing up there my family, friends, and general population as far as I could tell, always wished Portland would get their own NFL or MLB team. Portland residents have no love for Washington as there has always been competition between the two states for many things and especially when it comes to sports franchises.

Timbers vs Sounders games are like the MLS version of a Saints vs Falcons game as far as rivalries go. Before the Sonics moved to OKC the Blazers vs Sonics games were one of the NBA's best rivalries as well especially in the 90's where both teams were always competing. Portland has some pretty rabid fans and if a team happened to move there I would bet most of those Oregon Seahawks fans would drop that team without hesitation. Especially, if the NFL got creative and moved the Rams to the AFC West in place of the Chargers and moved the Portland Chargers or whatever name they had into the NFC West forcing that rivalry between Portland and Washington. The Seahawks actually started in the NFC, moved to the AFC, then moved back to the NFC in 2002. Uncommon realignment but still possible for the NFL to do it. I doubt it would ever happen and I agree with what Longtime Lurker said. The NFL should should find new ownership for the Chargers and move them back to San Diego.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom