Stubborn coach Payton gives bush touches to the detriment of the team. (1 Viewer)

SWJJ

Toxic Optimist
Reaction score
What? I have seen several posts stating basically this. What the hell are you talking about? He averaged over 4 yards a touch yesterday, did good picking up blitzes, and did not turn the ball over. Why the hate? Get over yourselves.

Dang it...I hit the wrong button and neg. repped you. Sorry.

Your post is 100% accurate. Bush is getting better every week. If anything, he needs to get more touches, especially in the passing game.

im not sure why people even argue over bush's role. he is going to get his 5 or so carries and 5-ish receptions pretty much every game unless someone gets hurt.

What? I have seen several posts stating basically this. What the hell are you talking about? He averaged over 4 yards a touch yesterday, did good picking up blitzes, and did not turn the ball over. Why the hate? Get over yourselves.

Yea, just finished reading a thread about Thomas was the best screen runner ever and no one should run it but him and I don't get the nonsense and hate..

Fact of the matter, our offense stagnated as soon as Ivory left the game... Thomas was stuffed on most of his runs in the 1st half and it wasn't until the 4th qtr before he started finding success... He looked very heavy footed and slow...

It was night and day between the running of Ivory and Thomas and makes me realize that our offense would be unstoppable if we had a true impact running back that Ivory seems to be if he can stay healthy...

I actually like Thomas, he's a solid back up running back.. He has solid hands, runs hard, has good ball security but he's a product of the Saints system... His success is mostly contributed to the scheme (screen passes) outstanding power blocking by out oline...

Best decoy in the league

ON TD, LOOK HOW MANY GO AFTER BUSH ON FAKE. HE ALSO IS VERY GOOD AT getting first downs

he s much better than you give him credit for...but..

Yea, just finished reading a thread about Thomas was the best screen runner ever and no one should run it but him and I don't get the nonsense and hate..

Fact of the matter, our offense stagnated as soon as Ivory left the game... Thomas was stuffed on most of his runs in the 1st half and it wasn't until the 4th qtr before he started finding success... He looked very heavy footed and slow...

It was night and day between the running of Ivory and Thomas and makes me realize that our offense would be unstoppable if we had a true impact running back that Ivory seems to be if he can stay healthy...

I actually like Thomas, he's a solid back up running back.. He has solid hands, runs hard, has good ball security but he's a product of the Saints system... His success is mostly contributed to the scheme (screen passes) outstanding power blocking by out oline.WE need IVORY

ON TD, LOOK HOW MANY GO AFTER BUSH ON FAKE. HE ALSO IS VERY GOOD AT getting first downs

Isnt it amazing how many folks never "take thier eye off the ball" to see whats really going on? Suggested reading...Pat Kirwans book.

Folks, Bush takes 2 defenders with him when he goes in motion. The best part is that at some point, just like last year, a team will only motion 1 with him, and thats a mis-match.

I've noticed that a lot of Reggie's better runs are called back due to holding calls. It kills me every time.

He played excellent. I remember a run to the outside where the blocking broke down and Bush did everything he could to get back to the LOS. He plays with energy and heart. I'm not sure why anyone is hating on him.

I just hope he hasn't regressed into the east/west runner again. By the end of last season he was running like a man possessed north/south.

He had a few holes that he could have hit yesterday, but bounced it outside instead.

Reggie was on fire yesterday, seemed like everytime he touched the ball something good happened.

the thing that stood out to me was that yes there was some east west but thats often because he was blanketed by 2-3 defenders. What that tells me is that he is the complete focal point of the defensive scheme and he was still productive with those touches. The other factor is those three guys have eyes on him at all times opening up plays to colston, moore and the TEs this game. Hopefully more of the deep stuff in future games.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom