Stubborn coach Payton gives bush touches to the detriment of the team. (1 Viewer)

The other factor is those three guys have eyes on him at all times opening up plays to colston, moore and the TEs this game.

AND Thomas on the screen game... It's my opinion that the reason that Bush doesn't come up big on screens is because of the attention he gets... A screen is a deceptive play and it's hard to execute if you have a guy or two glued to you..

Having said that, Thomas does not command a lot of attention so I believe his success comes from Bush motion left, Thomas screen right kinda thing....

What I find odd is that Reggie takes off some time due to injury and comes back and does horrible things; dropping passes, fumbling etc.

Pierre Thomas also takes off time due to injury and comes back like he never even missed a play.

Why does Reggie need time to adjust but not Pierre?

oops... i accidentally gave a thumbs down on the OP, sorry.

I look at it like this. Teams often run to setup the pass even when they don't have the best running game. Why do this? Because it causes defenders to pay attention to it. They can't ignore it and focus on stopping one aspect of a play. Bush on the field brings similar patterns. GuyS are glued to him even though he may only touch the ball 10 times a game out of fear of what will happen if they only leave one guy on him. Thus they are being distracted from their normal participation in the rest of the plays. This opens up the field and puts our offense at an advantage.

The downside of this is that when the play goes to Bush the defense has already hedged their bets and generally will be in a better position to cover the play. Yet, somehow Bush is still able to pretty damn productive especially when their is a first down marker or goal line involved.

Bush's importance was no more evident than on Pierre's first successful screen where we faked the end around to Bush and half the defense went with him.

I thought we were too pass happy yesterday and should have had more touches for the running game.

What? I have seen several posts stating basically this. What the hell are you talking about? He averaged over 4 yards a touch yesterday, did good picking up blitzes, and did not turn the ball over. Why the hate? Get over yourselves.

:CLMAOmad2:

Only person I've seen say this is Mule and we all know his agenda.

AND Thomas on the screen game... It's my opinion that the reason that Bush doesn't come up big on screens is because of the attention he gets... A screen is a deceptive play and it's hard to execute if you have a guy or two glued to you..

Having said that, Thomas does not command a lot of attention so I believe his success comes from Bush motion left, Thomas screen right kinda thing....

Exactly. People just isolate on the carries that Bush gets and what he does with them. They don't look at the total game.

Speaking of which, it irritates me how often in his career here Bush would get a handoff and instantly have to juke a defender. It's like SP designs running plays for Bush where Bush's responsibility is to Gale Sayers a free defender in the backfield.

What? I have seen several posts stating basically this. What the hell are you talking about? He averaged over 4 yards a touch yesterday, did good picking up blitzes, and did not turn the ball over. Why the hate? Get over yourselves.
Sorry hit the red thumb by accident...I agree, we know Reggie will get better,an what he does in the playoffs will help carry this team,also good to see PT back yesterday:9:,Saints just need to win the games in front of them,and let us fans worry about catching the Falcons.

Imagine three girls want to go out on the town, but don't want to be bothered by guys. One of the girls is super hot, while the other two are just ok. They are all hanging out the bar and three guys show up and start laying some gravy down. One of the ok girls gets irritated b/c she really just wants to chill so she walks off to another area of the bar. The three guys look at each other an laugh then keep laying the gravy down, leaving her wide open. After a 5 more minutes the super hot girl gets up and starts walking away. Again, the three guys look at one another and and chuckle. However, this time they take their gravy on the road and follow her, leaving the girl left at the bar wide open. Now with three guys in pursuit the super hot girl jukes left, spins, then dives for some solitude. Amazingly, she gets it.

Reggie looked great, if anything, he needed more touches yesterday. Who cares what these casual fans say, MOST DON'T HAVE A CLUE. Reggie only got 39 yards rushing, obviously he sucks and had a crappy game.

People need to understand that football is not baseball......................there is so much more to this game than just stats.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom