Studs and Duds - Fox Sports (1 Viewer)

Zardnok

Zardnokalicious!
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6133466

ROOKIE OF THE YEAR: Saints WR Marques Colston.

How in the world could the Jets have missed on this guy? Heck, he played college ball at the Jets practice facility. Saints head coach Sean Payton saw something in him very early in the preseason and never looked back. He's one of the NFL's most productive receivers. OK, raise your hands if you knew Colston would be the best rookie on the Saints this year. After all, they got some other dude there they claim is pretty good too.

BIGGEST NFL NON-STORY THUS FAR: Reggie Bush and family reportedly took cash and gifts from marketing guy.

Who cares! Does it affect life in the NFL one drop? Nope! Did it affect his play one drop? Nope. Did it affect the team's plans for him one drop? Nope! The college world may care (although not a squeak has been heard about it since) but up on the NFL level folks can give a rat's you-know-what.

BIGGEST BUST: Dolphins QB Daunte Culpepper.

COACH OF THE YEAR: Bears head coach Lovie Smith.

I agree with everything there except for coach of the year. It might just me but I thought coach of the year goes to a coach whose team unexpectedly had a good year. Other than the play of the Bear's offense, I don't think its that surprising how well they are doing this year. They were 10-6 and division champs last season. Now if they are able to go 16-0, which I don't think will happen, then Lovie Smith should win coach of the year hands down.

The Jets? :16:

Er, umm... how about the entire NFL === ...many times over.

Their loss; our gain (...thank God)!

I am guessing he is referring to the Wayne Chrebet Hofstra connection.

Lovie Smith has done a great job with the Bears. If the things Terry and Howie said last week are true about him being one of the lowest paid coaches in the league its pathetic of the Bears owner.

Lovie Smith has done a great job with the Bears. If the things Terry and Howie said last week are true about him being one of the lowest paid coaches in the league its pathetic of the Bears owner.

What they said was true. He is the lowest paid coach. I heard there are coordinators that make more than he does. The Dolphins are paying Saban 5 million a year and all they have to show for it is a 1-6 record. So yes Lovie Smith does does deserve a huge raise after this season.

They were saying that there is a friend of Lovie's that calls him each week to say chaching!!!! I think Lovie is anticipating crazy money and each week the Bears dominate drives up the price.

Well, yeah, but the author explains why, specifically, the Jets. Colston was playing college ball at the Jets practice site and he wonders how he went unnoticed by the team.

How is Lovie Smith coach of the year?? He takes a 12-4 team with their 3rd backup QB to a 7-0 record with their actual starting QB and a cake schedule. Big deal! Sean Payton took a 3-13 team mired in underachievers and deadweight, not to mention 40 years of losing football with a loser mentality, and turned them into a 5-2 team playing quality football with a serious chance at the playoffs.

Lovie Smith deserves it.

look what he has done with rex grossman and company.

before lovie, that team was terrible, now they are considered one of the best.

We had 2 6th round draft choices. We took Mike Hass and Josh Lay (neither of whom made the team) in the knowledge there would be 78 picks before we could hand our last card in. There was a lot more luck than judgement involved in drafting Colston. The credit comes from Colston's work ethic and Payton's faith early on in the off-season and trading Stallworth to free up a roster space to give him his platform to shine

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom