Study Links 45,000 U.S. Deaths a year to lack of Insurance (1 Viewer)

People died before medical coverage/insurance existed. People who have insurance, even great insurance, still die at a pretty good clip. and they will continue to do so.

Insurance, or lack thereof, does not in-and-of-itself kill people.

Obviously you assume that these countries have no means of supporting themselves what so ever. Please do not forget that both countries do produce oil, which costs a couple of bucks last I checked. Not that the US isn't assisting these countries, but to say that we're their sole means of financial support only insults the people of these countries.

So, yes, dumb assumption, and yet your comeback seems to be equally lacking of actual facts.

Why not post up something that shows my statements to be false instead of smugly assuming.

I mean, you are wrong and we are pretty much supporting the entire economy of both countries. Afghanistan's #1 cash crop is Opium, btw.

Why not post up something that shows my statements to be false instead of smugly assuming.

I mean, you are wrong and we are pretty much supporting the entire economy of both countries. Afghanistan's #1 cash crop is Opium, btw.

I am not sure how you can accuse me of being wrong. I asked you to provide proof of American tax dollars paying for the healthcare of Iraqi/Afghan people. You admitted you embellished your facts.

As for opium, it is 35% of the GDP of Afghanistan, which is a tremendous portion. I don't believe I ever attempted to say otherwise. Oil is a form of income for the country. Along with natural gas, precious and semi precious stones, wool, cotton and other items.

The country of Afghanistan is far from dependant on US dollars. To date, only around 4-5 billion dollars have been given to the Afghan people. Far less than promised. 2008 GDP for Afghanistan was approximately 12.8 billion.

here is a helpful link to support some of the information I have provided:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Afghanistan

I can summarize Iraq too, if you'd like. :9:

This just in...Life reports that everyone with insurance...dies.

I'm amazed and disappointed!!!!!!!

It took three pages for someone to point out the obvious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Short story-

Have a good friend who lost his wife some six years ago due to an aneurism. She had been having pains, but was one of those people who refused to go to the Dr. for anything. The last time she had been to the Dr. was over thirty years ago when she had a baby. He had full coverage insurance, but she still refused to go. She died at home when the aneurism burst. She was only 56 years old.

I know others like her who also have medical coverage, but won't take advantage of it.

I am in favor of some type of change in the insurance coverage issue, but to state that people are dying simply cause they don't have insurance is kind of a stretch.

What was kinda funny to me was a couple of weeks ago, Obama was going around saying X amount of people who lose their jobs, lose their insurance x amount of time later.

o rly?

What was Afghanistan's economy based on before we invaded them?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom