Stumped on physics problem (1 Viewer)

Listen, if I went 'round sayin' I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

but what's the equation to figure exactly where in the arc of the throw I caught that scimitar?... :mwink:

Ok New Problem:

. A golfer imparts a speed of 30.8 m/s to a ball, and it travels the maximum possible distance before landing on the green. The tee and the green are at the same elevation. (a) How much time does the ball spend in the air? (b) What is the longest "hole in one" that the golfer can make, if the ball does not roll when it hits the green?

that would be a direct hit, SWJJ. if a golfer hits a ball and it travels in the air and lands in the cup, it has to be where he originally hit the ball, at the place where it originated. Its very difficult to do that, because most of the time a direct hole in one hits the green and then goes in.

the longest hole in one to answer b is from the starting point of where golfer swings the club to the point of entering the cup.

I hope that helps mate

and 15.4 seconds may be the answer to answer A SWJJ on a side note

FWIW their

In an historical movie, two knights on horseback start from rest 70.9 m apart and ride directly toward each other to do battle. Sir George's acceleration has a magnitude of 0.201 m/s2, while Sir Alfred's has a magnitude of 0.287 m/s2. Relative to Sir George's starting point, where do the knights collide?

Using the Kinematic Equations of motion where do these fokkers meet?

After starring at the problem for an 20 min, and drinking 2 vodka frescas whilst sracthing my head I cannot figure this one out...

georgie's a is positive, Alfreds negative relative to Georgie they will meet at point x, relative to alfred its 70.9 - x...

initial velocity will be 0 for both, but I do not know time or final velocity for either...

Suggestions?

A Knights Tale is NOT a historical movie.

Ok if I am give an angle a runner jumps at, and the distance traveled , assuming zero velocity in x and - 9.8m/s2 in y, what is his take off speed?

Ok Fist I was trying to solve for t, but I cant figure out how...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom