Stupid Router (1 Viewer)

MLU

Please respect my decision!
Reaction score
I am attempting to set access restrictions on my Linksys WRT54G, but it's not taking. I upgraded to the latest Linksys firmware upgrade and I have had no other luck.

What I'm attempting to do is deny internet access to another PC between the hours of 4AM-7AM, 9AM-12PM, 2PM-5PM and 8PM-11PM. I set up four Internet Access Policies, one for each time frame.

In the list of PC's, I typed in the other PC's MAC address.

The "Deny" option is checked off.

"Everyday" is check off.

The times are entered as I mentioned above, one for each access policy and I saved the settings after I completed the above steps, once for each policy.

Both PCs, the router and the modem have been rebooted and I cant get any kind of restriction on the other PC whatsoever.

Yes, I tested out the other PC during the time frame that I restricted the access policy.

What am I missing? Is this a firmware issue?

The Mongoose

Porkers?
Reaction score
I think that router is famous for being finicky. Numerous people have had trouble opening the NAT on that router for xbox live...sorry I couldn't be more helpful. But I've heard that router is wacky.

llama

Very Banned
Reaction score
did you try a different firmware? I flashed mine with Tomato, I havent really messed with it much yet but it works great and is supposed to be an improvement over the Linksys firmware

http://www.polarcloud.com/tomato
Thanks for the link to tomato. I too have one of these flaky routers and have all but given up on certain features of it. I'll give tomato a try.

Saint77

Burrrrrrrsitis!
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, and a shot in the dark here, are you using Firefox when working in the settings? I have had problems getting the settings to save when using Firefox, I once spent 3 hours pulling out my hair, when I tried IE, IT worked.

Severum

Staff member
Administrator
Tech-Admin
Reaction score
I second better firmware (DD-WRT, Tomato, etc) if you can't get the stock crippleware to work.

Saint77

Burrrrrrrsitis!
Reaction score
I may have to use IE?

Damn you, Linksys...
Its worth a shot, short of that, as others are suggesting, firmware upgrade. I wasnt aware of that Tomato thingy, and I would try it, but I have a V5 router and its not compateable with V5 and later versions.

OP
OP
MLU

MLU

Please respect my decision!
Reaction score
Yeah. I have v6. I seem to have gotten it to work by switching from "Deny" to "Allow". Thanks to all...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Saints Headlines (The Advocate)

Headlines

Top Bottom