Stupid (1 Viewer)

I can't remember ever seeing this team flat out give up like they did last night. When the 3rd quarter started and our offense got on the field there was no sense of urgency, no rush to catch up, no clock management. They were done. Their goal was to make it close and make the end result look better than it was.

Then the last play of the game....What on earth? Drew didn't even want to try throwing downfield. 6 seconds left? Obviously a hail marry situation. You scramble around until one of your WR's is open then you let it fly.

Drew and Pete decided they were done and Drew threw a 2 yard pass.

That was so spineless. I've still got a bad taste in my mouth over the end of that game. Not because we lost, but because we didn't even try.

I can't remember ever seeing this team flat out give up like they did last night. When the 3rd quarter started and our offense got on the field there was no sense of urgency, no rush to catch up, no clock management. They were done. Their goal was to make it close and make the end result look better than it was.

Then the last play of the game....What on earth? Drew didn't even want to try throwing downfield. 6 seconds left? Obviously a hail marry situation. You scramble around until one of your WR's is open then you let it fly.

Drew and Pete decided they were done and Drew threw a 2 yard pass.

That was so spineless. I've still got a bad taste in my mouth over the end of that game. Not because we lost, but because we didn't even try.
They were trying to set Thomas up with a few blockers and see if he could make a play. Probably just as statically reasonable as throwing it super deep.

They were trying to set Thomas up with a few blockers and see if he could make a play. Probably just as statically reasonable as throwing it super deep.

There is no way that a Tall Michael Thomas is going to make it from the 75 yards through a defense in prevent D.

When there are 6 seconds left and you have Cooks, Thomas and Snead on your team and they are rushing 3, you absolutely throw a hail marry.

We scored an 80 yard TD against them earlier this season, can't tell me it can't be done.

Putting up 371 total yards to 223, TOP 32:15 - 27:45 and we still lose... frustrating!

This is the toughest part, seeing the sliver of hope but knowing they are a year or two from being competent.

It will only get there IF we are able to snag player talent that enables us to win despite the coaching.

As competitive for talent as the NFL is, it should be the other way around. It should be the coaching (from preparation to game management) that elevates the talent level of the players to put the team in positions to win.

I don't know who performed the lobotomy on Sean Payton but the offensive play calling & game management of the last few years doesn't seem consistent with the guy that put us in contention for the playoffs.

There has to be a fundamental shift (which usually happens at the coaching level) to fix our issues.....that, or we draft / sign freak talent that overcomes problems at fundamental decision making

There is no way that a Tall Michael Thomas is going to make it from the 75 yards through a defense in prevent D.

When there are 6 seconds left and you have Cooks, Thomas and Snead on your team and they are rushing 3, you absolutely throw a hail marry.

We scored an 80 yard TD against them earlier this season, can't tell me it can't be done.

The thinking was likely that they were too far out to throw up a jump ball in the endzone. Whatever pass play they needed to get there was going to involve yards after catch. You could have tried to get one of your speed guys a deep ball in stride, but then you have no blockers ahead of you (they were in prevent)

So instead, they tried to set up a kick-off return type play with a short dump pass w/ blockers ahead of Thomas...hoping that he could find an opening and break out.

They could have continued to work the sidelines for 10-20 yards at a time 2 or 3 more times to get in field goal range if they only saved themselves another 30 seconds off the 5 minute drive they had previously.

Had they not ran the ball half as much on the prior drive, or went into the hurry-up on half the plays, they would have gave themselves enough time to get the tying kick.

Good job coaches

The thinking was likely that they were too far out to throw up a jump ball in the endzone. Whatever pass play they needed to get there was going to involve yards after catch. You could have tried to get one of your speed guys a deep ball in stride, but then you have no blockers ahead of you (they were in prevent)

So instead, they tried to set up a kick-off return type play with a short dump pass w/ blockers ahead of Thomas...hoping that he could find an opening and break out.

They could have continued to work the sidelines for 10-20 yards at a time 2 or 3 more times to get in field goal range if they only saved themselves another 30 seconds off the 5 minute drive they had previously.

Had they not ran the ball half as much on the prior drive, or went into the hurry-up on half the plays, they would have gave themselves enough time to get the tying kick.

Good job coaches

I don't understand burning all the timeouts before the 2 minute warning again.

Good job coaches

This is the problem as I see it. By taking over 5 minutes to score on the last TD drive, we left ourselves no room for error. Had we scored in 4 minutes, for example, we would have had plenty of time to get in FG range, even without timeouts. But by taking our sweet time, we put the defense in a position where they had to get a 4th consecutive 3 and out for us to have a chance. They didn't, and we lost. IMO, the D did its job on the last drive, forcing a punt on the second series. It was the lack of urgency on our last drive that cost us the game, and that's coaching. Head-scratcher for sure.

Might I add that sack on Brees that took us back 10 yards. In that situation, you cannot have a sack, throw the damn inslide slant, turn and throw, it's down rocket science.

- Best front seven in football | Worst secondary in football.... and we try to be balanced. - STUPID

- Marcus Murphy trying to field that kickoff. Ball on the two instead of the 40. Didn't you do that earlier this season? - STUPID

- 3rd and 10 in the redzone and we call a play where Ingram on the screen is our only receiving option? - STUPID

- How many kicks have you had blocked or tipped at the line this year Will Lutz? And you still don't get enough height on the kick where a fat d-lineman, who is showing off his two inch vertical, can get his paw on it. - STUPID

-Vaccaro... Roughing the kicker? Really? - STUPID

- Late hit on Cam FIVE YARDS out of bounds - STUPID

- Our middle linebacker asked to cover the fastest guy on the field with less than 30 seconds left? - STUPID

- How many drawn up plays to the back who has to get through that stout front seven to gain any yardage, instead of challenging that terrible secondary with the great receivers we have? - STUPID

- Nate Stupar.... back to back holding and block in the back penalties on punts?... including the last one when we needed EVERY inch? - STUPID

Sorry..... I just can't deal with stupid..... and tonight we beat ourselves due to stupidity.

/End Rant

Some

Are

Ignorant

N

Terribly

Slow

Special

Teams

Underperforming

Per

Idiotic

Designs

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom