Such a good game defined by a coin? (1 Viewer)

Mauricio

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Folks,
Okay, we won and that's great. But don't you think it's time for the NFL to rethink that rule for overtime?

With two bad defenses like yesterday, it was clear that the team that won the toss would win the game.

I think the fair would be, each team having a possession, whoever scored more points would win the game.

What do you think?

Greetings from Brazil,

Maurício

Folks,
Okay, we won and that's great. But don't you think it's time for the NFL to rethink that rule for overtime?

With two bad defenses like yesterday, it was clear that the team that won the toss would win the game.

I think the fair would be, each team having a possession, whoever scored more points would win the game.

What do you think?

Greetings from Brazil,

Maurício
Our defense got a stop when they had to in the fourth quarter or we would have never had an OT. All they had to do was stop our offense and they couldn’t. Sorry... it is what it is. You want to win the game, stop our offense

It adds to the intrigue when you can drive down and end the game in OT. Or even do so on a big play............such as Tebow's overtime throw in the playoffs vs. Pittsburgh, or the CJ Spiller catch-and-run that gave the Saints a win over Dallas in 2015.

Given that we've already had 2 ties in the NFL this season.......we should never assume that any particular team will "automatically" score in OT.

So, you have 2 bad defenses who can't stop anyone.
So, to make it fair, both teams get one offensive drive, no matter what..
So, since the defenses can't stop anyone, both teams score TD's.
So, the team who won the coin toss, scores points in their second possession..
So, isn't it unfair that the team that won the coin toss had 2 possessions and the team who lost the coin toss only had one?
When do you stop?

Even during regulation, it happens that one team gets 1 more possession than the other.

My opinion is, if you want fair, if teams cannot win it in regulation, unless it is a playoff game, end the game in a tie.

OT is fine. It's just like losing to a judges decision in an MMA fight. If you don't want the judges to decide the fight, don't let the fight go the distance.

If teams don't want the coin toss to determine the game, don't let the game make it to OT. I was fully prepared to accept the game was going to be decided by the coin toss when it went into overtime.

Our defense, as badly as it played through some of the game, came up with a key stop when it had to. Theirs had ample opportunity to do the same. Yes, it's fair.

The same thing happened to them in the superbowl.

I used to hate this format but now I kinda like it. It sucks when you're on the other end, but there have been 2 other ties this year. Those teams stopped the other offense in OT. You cant change the rule just because some teams didnt invest enough in their Defense or had bad injury luck.

They have made it as fair as they need to. All you have to do is NOT give up a TD and you get a chance. They didnt do that. Way she goes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom