Suggestion: Darren Sharper for secondary coach? (1 Viewer)

That's exactly what I was thinking. Coaching is an entirely different discipline than playing.

Yeah! Sean Payton was a not so good quarterback but he is an excellent head coach.

all i have to say, look no farther than m. Jenkins playing FS, during sharper being here, and after... dont' give him straight to the db coach, but think as a safety coach he'd be freaking awesome.

Mike Tice is another example. Marginal TE, but played for 13-14 years, then became a TE coach, then Offensive line, OC, HC, OC, etc.

So, honestly, by this logic.. I guess someone like Shanle, whenever he hangs it up would probably be more likely to be a coach. lol.

We could have Sharper come back and kind bring back a small secret bounty system. To get that old fire burning again.

He would probably be best cover safety on the team....

Awesome if he would do it, but he has a nice gig at NFL network

I know some brilliant mathematicians who couldn't teach math to someone else if their lives depended on it. Just because you know something doesn't mean you can teach it effectively. Coaches are basically teachers. Ask any good coach and he'll tell you the same thing.

My guess is that if Sharper ever saw this thread, he'd laugh his *** off.

Why are so many taking the negative slant with this? :jpshakehead: Some great players make great coaches, so don't. Maybe Sharper would, maybe he wouldn't.

I also question the word "instincts" when it comes to playing free safety. It's not an instinctive position like running back. As a FS you win during the week in scouting offensive tendencies and before the ball is snapped in reading formations.

If you ask me, I'd always give the benefit of the doubt about an ex great FS becoming a great coach because you have to approach that position like a coach would while you play. Sharper obviously has the intelligence to be a great DB coach.

I couldnt say one way or the other. Jist gotta roll with the coaches opinions on it if it happens or doesn't.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Having read both sides of this argument I think Sharper would be a great addition to our coaching staff. Yes, it is true that performance does not equal teaching ability but he always struck me as a student of the game and had great passion; which is the foundation of a great teacher. Not to mention he helped us win a Super Bowl.

Mike Tice is another example. Marginal TE, but played for 13-14 years, then became a TE coach, then Offensive line, OC, HC, OC, etc.
So, honestly, by this logic.. I guess someone like Shanle, whenever he hangs it up would probably be more likely to be a coach. lol.

By their work ethic and ability to communicate, I think our 3 Superbowl winning linebackers can be great coaches in the future.

But I have my hopes that Jon Vilma in the near future will be leading the NFLPA, maybe with Scott as his consegliero, you know the Pash of his Goddell!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom