Suggestion For This Board (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
This board is real confusing. I sat down and thought of a new layout that maybe this board could use. Right now, it could be real confusing for a newcomer:

Category: General Saints Discussion

Inside the Dome (for discussion of Saints news and Updates
----(Subforum) Inside the Dome Archive

Inside the Game (for discussion of New Orleans Saints games)
----(Subforum) Inside the Game Archive

Outside the Dome (for discussion of things that need to change at the game and tickets, etc.)

Category: The NFL + College Football

NFC South (for discussion of the Falcons, Panthers, and Bucs)

Outside the South (for discussion of NFL news outside of the NFC South)
----(Subforum) Fantasy Football Discussions

College Football (for discussions of College Football)

Category: Bourbon Street (off-topic section)

New Orleans Sports Scene (discuss other New Orleans Sports)
----(Subforum) The Hornets

Tech-Talk (discuss technology)
----(Subforum) Video Game Talk (discuss Video Games)

Music (discuss music)

Politics (discuss politics)

Tout D'autre (French for Everything Else), (for discussions of everything else)
----(Subforum) Forum Talk-Back (for suggestions and feedback for the forum)

Well, what do you all think? I hope the Admin sees this.

Last edited:
I am sure that suggestions are welcome, but I personally like the layout very much. You haven't posted much here. Give it some time, and I am sure that it will grow on you. I think most of the people on his board like its layout.

Plus Andrus spent a lot of time getting this all set up on the new server recently. I don't think he is looking at re-tooling it again for a while.

I am sure that suggestions are welcome, but I personally like the layout very much. You haven't posted much here. Give it some time, and I am sure that it will grow on you. I think most of the people on his board like its layout.

Plus Andrus spent a lot of time getting this all set up on the never server recently. I don't think he is looking at re-tooling it again for a while.

Well, I run a large forum, and thought that the layout used here now would be real confusing. I am glad my suggestions are welcomed here. My forums layout was similar to this one's (not really, but confusing to new comers). Someone signed up and showed be the "right" way to categorize and make forums. I used it, and now, my forum is so easy to look around in. I thought I could add something here.

Also, it shouldn't affect the server or anything. You just re-categorize and move topics. I did pretty quick actually.

When you have to drill down in subfora to get to the one you want, you've got too many.

Most anything you're after here can be found in the links at the top of the page. This, to me, makes navigating easier and it makes for broad enough fora that each one has something new pretty much any time you check it.

If that is the case, then just take out the subforums (except for the archive ones). Subforums do help with less clutter on the forum mainpage (not the Dynamic Lite Page, but the forum front page).

When you have to drill down in subfora to get to the one you want, you've got too many.

Most anything you're after here can be found in the links at the top of the page. This, to me, makes navigating easier and it makes for broad enough fora that each one has something new pretty much any time you check it.

This is what I really like. I bounce back between, SSF, EE, College Board, Music and Tech. The links at the top make it easy to go from one to the other. For someone that likes to bounce around between the different forums, I think this layout is much better.

I don't really get what's confusing...there's a Saints forum and an Everything Else forum. How much easier can you get? Links are at the top...granted I've been around for about 6 years, but I wouldn't change the basic organization for anything.

Ahh, I didn't realize that there was a top link :). Still, nothing would change on it (just some re-ordering and an NFC South section).

It would look like this: ITD, ITG, OTD, NS, OTS, College, NO Sports, Tech, Music, Politics, and TD.

Last edited:
I don't think it's confusing, I think you're making it out to be more confusing than it really is.

Want to post something Saints-Related? SSF
Everything Else--Politics, religion, culture, etc.
Technical Board--To discuss computer issues, problems.
College Board--For collegiate sports
Music Board--To discuss albums, song, music, production of music, etc.
Game Day Board--Real time game day discussion during the game, while the action is happening.

Sure, there's going to be some overlap, but I think you're overcomplicating a rather simple organization here.

^^I just thought mine was a little more simple and related some to New Orleans (Bourbon Street, Tout D'Autre). It is basically the same thing, just some re-ordering and interesting names.

The Atlanta South Forums.

No offense, but this site has members with more posts than your entire forum. Maybe Andrus is doing something right.

My site has been around since August 6, 2006. Sorry. No one knew about it. I just made it, and have got great help. I am sure Andrus didn't start out big.

My site has been around since August 6, 2006. Sorry. No one knew about it. I just made it, and have got great help. I am sure Andrus didn't start out big.

I'm not saying you site is bad. I didn't look around enough to make a judgement one way or the other and like I said no offense, I wasn't trying to slam you. I was saying that there are 11000 members on this site so Andrus is doing something right.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom